Just ordered one of the last 2011's, question about production cycle!

larkns

Jan 28, 2011
Hey everyone, just joined the site. Looking forward to searching through the forums for a bunch of valuable information.

Are there any other major mustang forums I should check out as well? I found stangnet through google.

So I just ordered a 2011 v6 in performance white with the pony package and the security package. I was really surprised that my sales guy was telling me it's next to impossible to find a 2011 since he could only find 4 within 1000km from us in Toronto.

I would probably prefer to order a 2012 model but I'm on a time constraint and need it within a couple weeks max. When did the 2011's go out of production? I really hope that I don't find the car was sitting in the lot for months and months.

We had to order the car from 500km away in Quebec and it's being delivered on a flat bed for a cost of 700 that we split with the dealer.

Our final price, everything in, was $27,600 which I thought was a fantastic price. I was considering the Challenger but that would cost at least $5k more than that.

Being new to the mustang world what should I look for when I take my first inspection of the car? Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

Flatrock shutdown for the holidays Dec 24th 2010 and started back up first week of Jan 2011 although it may have had down weeks leading up to the start of 2012 production Jan 18th. So almost certainly it was built before the New Year.
Performance White actually looks pretty nice when you see it on the vehicle. Your car could have been built anytime since July 2010 and the middle of Dec 2010.
Only way to check is with the VIN, if you post it here I can look it up on Monday and tell you the production date etc.

Built 12/10/2010
OASIS RESULT:
1ZVBP8AM3B5163717
USA
EN
01/29/2011
18:47:51
FCXWS446
© Copyright 2002-2010 Ford Motor Company. All rights reserved.

VEHICLE INFORMATION
VEHICLE DESCRIPTION
2011 MUSTANG BODY STYLE
2 DOOR COUPE ENGINE
3.7L 4V-DAMB PFI V6
TRANSMISSION
6 SPEED MT82 AXLE CODE
GG ENGINE CALIBRATION
BZF2A60A
PAINT COLOR
HIGH PERFORMANCE WHITE RADIO
ELETR PREM AM/FM STRO/DISC GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT
4500 LB. GVW
AXLE RATIO
3.31 FINAL DRIVE RATIO WHEEL SIZE
18 X 8 POLISHED ALUM WHEEL FRONT TIRE
P235/50 R18 97W RATING
WARNING MESSAGES
VERIFY VIN/WARRANTY COVERAGE
VEHICLE SOLD IN CANADA
SERVICE INFO MAY BE UNAVAILABLE
ARN MESSAGES
GENERAL WARRANTY INFORMATION
WARRANTY START DATE
00/00/0000 BUILD DATE
12/10/2010 SALE MILEAGE

Flat Rock

The Mustang has been on a weird schedule since it went into production at Flat Rock in 2005. Flat Rock also makes the Mazda 6 which launches new models on the typical cycle around July. The plant can't handle launching two new different cars at the same time in July so they do Mustang refreshes in January.

So, all 2011 Mustangs were built in 2010. And all 2012 Mustangs will be built in 2011.
I still believe the 2010 Mustang was the 45th anniversary model though Ford labeled the 2009 as such.
The Mustang debuted in April 1964 as a 1965 model. None were registered as 1964s.
I have a headache now.

Thanks Tanjima! That was super useful information to me. The car isn't guaranteed to me as yet, I don't find out if it's available until tomorrow. I hope it is.

Does anyone have any advice on where I can find another 2011 if this particular one isn't available? My sales guy pretty much thinks this is my only hope.

At this point I'd take almost any v6 I can find. More features the better though.