Just Ordered the New GT Vert

GusinCA

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2002
Newport Beach
Hopefully what I'm reading about HID's causing a delay is not true.
I was told 8 weeks at the most (I'm in Orange County, if that matters).

Candy Red, Black/Chamois interior, 18" premiums, and nav/sirius are the major options.

Anyone have pictures of a vert with black chamois interior they can share?

We'll see what happens...

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks!

You don't think the black/chamois is too "dramatic" looking (cheesy)? I've seen it once on a coupe and it looked good, but I haven't seen it in a vert.

Sirius is ok. Besides, XM and Sirius are merging soon...

Do you think the HID's will cause any significant delays?

My '08 GT vert arrived 2 weeks ago. 6 weeks from order to delivery.

It is dark candy/ black cloth with the black-chamois interior fully optioned save the sat.radio and the hid lights.

I too worried about the color combination ... don't! It is really a beautiful. I hope you like it as much as I like mine.

Sorry I can't post pix. We are leaving for Mesa tomorrow and all equipment is packed .

Hopefully what I'm reading about HID's causing a delay is not true.
I was told 8 weeks at the most (I'm in Orange County, if that matters).

I order Mustangs for our dealership. I just checked the current week's commodities restriction to see if HID's are a problem currently. They are not - and should not delay any current order.

Here are the items in short supply for 08 Mustang GT's currently...

18" Polished Fanblade wheels (the ones on my car in my avatar and sig). Restricted to no more than 3% of orders.

18" Polished Bullitt wheels (the ones on the California Special and optional on GT's). Restricted to no more than 15% of orders.

That's it. Free demand for manual trans, HID's, etc. The two wheel restrictions, at 3% and 15%, by the way, mean that the other 82% of GT's have to be ordered with one of the 17" wheels (silver bullitts or machined split spokes).

Thanks!

Sirius is ok. Besides, XM and Sirius are merging soon...

They might be...

I was looking up Sirius Satellite TV the other day and came across this:

BTW, if you're waiting for Sirius and XM to merge, don't. This week FCC types told an investors conference "the public is well served with the current setup", meaning two separate but very similar sat radio companies.

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Who knows... I just hope they retain XM's quality if they were to merge...

Yeah, I have the little portable player and it sounds perfect, so I'm sure it will be ok.
I take road trips to places where there's no radio reception (which are usually the best places to wear down the sidewalls a little!) so I'm excited to have it.

Thanks!

You don't think the black/chamois is too "dramatic" looking (cheesy)? I've seen it once on a coupe and it looked good, but I haven't seen it in a vert.

When I read your initial post, I thought woah this is gonna be hot!! There is a picture of it somewhere in this forum. It's going to be classy, not cheesy. Your stang will be set apart from others and have a bit of a european flair.

While I personally like the black/chamois leather interior (with the right exterior color), I have stopped ordering them at our dealership. I ordered two 07 Mustangs with that interior (one in black and one in redfire) and both have sat unsold for almost a year. All of my salesmen have kept complaining that none of their customers will consider them and we've totally sold out of all other 07 Mustangs. So, to make everyone happy, we just sent both cars out to be reupholstered (seats, door panels, etc.) in dark charcoal leather instead. What a shame, really, as the black/chamois is something unique.

Well, here's what I was thinking. I'm a photographer, and I use the car in shoots sometimes. I have found that the dark candy apple red metallic is the best looking color in pictures with just about any background. And the contrasting interior with that dramatic tan leather color (which I'm sure will lighten a little with sun exposure) looks great as well. Just picture a bride in a white dress in this car on a beach. Bingo.
So, it may not sell well, but I think it will be a striking combo. I'm wondering how much of the interior is black and how much is chamois? Are some of the door pieces chamois? My only other concern is that in a vert too much black can be hot!

Here's a couple pics of the chamois leather in a redfire 07

1ZVFT80N975277087_8.JPG

1ZVFT80N975277087_11.JPG

I thought I read in the options list that the two tone seats were part of the Premium Upgrade package? I could be wrong. Either way it will look good, I'm sure.
My current GT vert has the medium parchment interior, and it just semed too bland, that chamois looks like, well, a chamois!

It appears there is a lot of variation as far as dye lots for the seats. The chamois seats pictured look like my parchment. I've seen pics on this site where the chamois looks almost pumpkin orange. From what I saw, the parchment is the entire seat front and rear and the door panels only. Do a search on chamois and see what the other examples look like.

First you have to get the IUP and then add Premium Trim w/Color Accent Package adding $855 to the cost of the car. The California Special only offers Grey inserts in a black interior and is a different option altogether.

This is a member's chamois:
chamois3.jpg

This is my parchment:
View attachment 353079

The pics provided by Five0Brian look somewhere inbetween.

Attachments

• chamois3.jpg
    chamois3.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 67