Roush Just Purchased a Series II, Some Questions...

Blinkstang

Apr 2, 2005
Chicago, IL
Hello, I have a 2002 GT and just purchased a Saleen Series II kit for my car. I know they don't produce the most HP, but anything is better than a stock 2v - haha. Plus I could not afford to shell out $4k for a Vortech or similar, so I think I will be happy with this kit - I love the Eaton whine!

Just had a few questions on the setup. I wanted to see around how much HP you think I would be at with the kit as well as if everything I have is good to get started and bolt it on (or if I should change anything).

The kit came with everything needed for the install: Eaton/Lower Intake Manifold, Heat Exchanger, Water Pump, Wiring Harness, Throttle Cable, CC Cable, Coolant Tank, belts, hoses, bolts, brackets, etc... The guy I purchased it from lives 5 minutes from me and has his Saleen in pieces in his garage (swapping in an 03' Cobra 4v) - so if I am missing any little bolt or piece needed, I can just go back and look for it. Thats one of the main reasons I purchased it, as I do not have to hunt down any parts.

The kit also came with:
- Tunable Induction CAI
- Accufab 75mm TB
- 30lb Injectors
- Granatelli Coil Packs
- Chicane Pulley

Also, both the blower and lower intake manifold have been ported by Stiegemeier.

I will be purchasing a 90mm Lightning MAF and a Focus Fuel Pump to complete the kit.

Besides the Series II - my car has 4.10's, O/R Prochamber, and a MAC Catback. Its also a 5-speed.

So, based on what I have what kind of HP numbers would you think I would put down after the car is tuned (340-360 maybe).

And is there anything you recommend upgrading or changing? I do not want to harm my engine in anyway, so I am looking to keep it safe and reliable.

I've been searching around the Saleen forums and have already found some great info. Does Chicane still produce the various Saleen parts, such as the upgraded coolant resevior, intercooler, etc...? I went on the site but could not find some of these parts and for other items the links do not work...

Thanks for any help and suggestions!

Pics of the Kit:

36220244wg1.jpg

79108478xc4.jpg

56829425kb6.jpg

61037983tq1.jpg

10qt9.jpg

40992957bn6.jpg

Attachments

• 36220244wg1.jpg
    36220244wg1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 85
  • 79108478xc4.jpg
    79108478xc4.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 87
  • 56829425kb6.jpg
    56829425kb6.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 76
  • 61037983tq1.jpg
    61037983tq1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 75
  • 10qt9.jpg
    10qt9.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 95
  • 40992957bn6.jpg
    40992957bn6.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 74
  • Sponsors (?)

Thats a awsome kit i would get 42's though and a pulley. I knew a guy with a S2 auto car ran 12.2 with it. Forget about hp and just pick a quartermile goal and do it. I ran 11.9 at 116mph with my stock exhaust with a s4 blower and my tune. My car never dynoed high. I have a dyno and we use as a tool but the track is the best way. If you have questions let me know. [email protected] search you tube tims saleen gt y ou can see the videos.

Thanks for the replies!

if you have the money, I recommend the series 4 plenum kit and a chicane intercooler...both run about $700 each

I am definitely looking into upgrading to the Chicane intercooler in the future, already started researching. What is the series IV plenum kit consist of, any links? I know the rear abs air inlet (the black tubing from PIC #2) was upgraded, the original owner said it runs cooler than the old stock piece - or at least thats what he told me.

Thats a awsome kit i would get 42's though and a pulley. I knew a guy with a S2 auto car ran 12.2 with it. Forget about hp and just pick a quartermile goal and do it. I ran 11.9 at 116mph with my stock exhaust with a s4 blower and my tune. My car never dynoed high. I have a dyno and we use as a tool but the track is the best way. If you have questions let me know. [email protected] search you tube tims saleen gt y ou can see the videos.

I already have the Chicane pulley. And yeah the injectors will need to be upgraded, after talking to my tuner he said the 30's would not cut it with my setup - thanks for the info! And I found the video, very nice runs!

Quick Question:

I am a Newb to the Saleen kits and have been looking at pics of already installed kits to get an idea of what it should look like correctly installed.

I have noticed a difference in some of the pics. Some of them have Saleen written across a flat surface on the front of the blower, while others are like mine with no writing and some ridges.

One with Saleen written across it:

engineshotzu3.jpg

And one like mine:

saleen017rm2.jpg

Is the one with Saleen written across it the Series I blower perhaps? I have never seen a Series I, so that was all I could think of.

Thanks!

And does any one with a Series II and some mods have some pics of their engine bay? Trying to get some pics together to use as reference...

Attachments

• engineshotzu3.jpg
    engineshotzu3.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 71
  • saleen017rm2.jpg
    saleen017rm2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 91