Just talked to a dealer

• Sponsors (?)

merlinsteele said:
:rlaugh: Now you know how people with V6's feel when people diss THEIR 'down grade'. :D Personally, I think V6's are just fine.
Exactly. This will be my first v8 stang that's on order out of 3 owned so I know. The last thing I would ever do is tell another mustang owner that personaly i thought of their stang as a downgrade and walk off with my nose stuck up. :spot:

Hummmm i would think anyone would be NUTS to pay over sticker when ford will be making more Gts for 2006,why buy a 2005 Mustang Gt now because in 3 months the 06s will be out and once you drive the stang off the lot the resale will really DROP because the 06s will be out.And who know they might even flood the market{i am only guessing about the flooding}But if they do there would be many fools out there that bought over sticker.Since i have a 2002 GT it still looks good and i am in no rush and if i go to a dealer in sept and he does not want to sell me at sticker or $500 below i will not worry.Because many more are going to want the Shelby of 2007 in mid 2006.Hummmm thats only about a year away.Johnny

Berserker said:
It will be interesting to see how long you are waiting for "the hype" on the shelby to die down. :bs: :rlaugh:

hmmm my guess is when they produce 10,000 of em in 07 and another 9000-10000 in 08...i guess we're forgetting that all of this rings a familiar tone, say the 03 Terminator that people were paying 10,000 over sticker for, and now what? i bet if you look hard enough you could find an 04 on a lot somewhere.

same will be true for the GT and the Shelby, less so with the shelby initially but it will die down, the inital few will sell over retail there will be a mass exodus by the faithful and the dumb and 10,000 over sticker will be seen, but when the "i have to have it now" crybabies have there Shelby what will happen then? gotta remember this is a niche market, ford will over produce em, dealers will over order them and we will be getting at the very least MSRP after the first wave, on the shelbys anyway and for that car i would break my own rule and pay sticker

as for the GT's? well let me make a prediction for 06, about this time next year the GT's will be included in whatever promo that Ford is running including rebates and financing they will go for under sticker and will be abundant, especially when ford releases whatever SE they have planned and the GT500.
not to mention the countless lightly used GTs that will be popping up.

im in no rush to by another mustang, like i said when the timing and the price is right ill get one, in the mean time i refuse to fall prey to the dealership scare tactics to get more money outta me.

johnnytuinals said:
Hummmm i would think anyone would be NUTS to pay over sticker when ford will be making more Gts for 2006,why buy a 2005 Mustang Gt now because in 3 months the 06s will be out and once you drive the stang off the lot the resale will really DROP because the 06s will be out.And who know they might even flood the market{i am only guessing about the flooding}But if they do there would be many fools out there that bought over sticker.Since i have a 2002 GT it still looks good and i am in no rush and if i go to a dealer in sept and he does not want to sell me at sticker or $500 below i will not worry.Because many more are going to want the Shelby of 2007 in mid 2006.Hummmm thats only about a year away.Johnny
Well I just don't feel bad about paying MSRP. I give a $%#$ about a couple thousand. Not. Doesn't make me a sucker, just means I won't spend that much time/wait for a deal of a few thousand or less.

Ford is in worst shape then GM,Ford owes more in pensions then the company is worth.Maybe Ford will not be around in 10 years from now with the way the economy is and people losing their jobs and getting new jobs for less money.I really don't care if someone pays above sticker if they want too but some of us have nice mustang Gts and Cobras with low miles that are in no rush in running out and getting one right away.I might pay Sticker on the 2006 Gt if i get it by Dec.And i am sure by July or Aug or 2006 the GTs will be under sticker because the big push will be with the Shelby.

Not if GM doesn't pull their heads out of their #$%^ Look at the message boards. Their pissed. That thread is not unique. People are bailing. They just got drop kicked with the camaro which pissed me off too. And sitting on the horizon is this sweet gt500 shelby like a messiah. Where else are they going. To a corvette that cost twice as much. NOT. Here's ford saying we'll treat you right and looking like they're going to come up with the goods to do just that and GM is backstabbing it's loyal followers. We'll see but right now Ford's future is looking bright and the same can't be said about GM right now.

Well with the GM employee discount being offered to everyone you might be able to get a good deal on the car.Since GM is laying 25,000 off they really don't have any employees to give the discount too,so they are giving it to us lol.Wonder when Ford will be laying people off so we can get the Xplan yuk yuk yuk...Johnny