Katrina and my '05

jjaguda said:
New Orleans will NEVER be the same.

Watch the news. Eventually the world will know the truth about how this situation was handled.

Joe
Man, I really hope you're right. Otherwise nothing outside of New Orleans will be the same either. Glad you did ok :)

• Sponsors (?)

jjaguda said:
Well,
I got out of the New Orleans area with my wife and two kids. Eventually, everything will get back to normal. But, I might be replacing my '05 GT. Had to choose between the Mustang or the Explorer to get out of town. The Mustang is sitting in my garage. Don't know when the National Guard will let us back in. Either the house and car are ok . . . or not. We'll see.

So, 06s have 18" wheels now???

Good luck to everyone who had to leave.

where at in New Orleans? I grew up in Metairie and also lived in St.Rose. brother in laws still live in Norco and their mother is still in Metairie. she had 4 foot of water in her house. they have roof damage and a tree on one of their house.

kevins05v-6 said:
where at in New Orleans? I grew up in Metairie and also lived in St.Rose. brother in laws still live in Norco and their mother is still in Metairie. she had 4 foot of water in her house. they have roof damage and a tree on one of their house.

I live in LaPlace. For everyone reading this, the order of citys from east to west is: New Orleans (Orleans Parish), Metairie (Jefferson Parish - seperated from New Orleans by the now famous canal/levee that was breached), Kenner (Jefferson Parish - about 6-7 miles from New Orleans), a 12 mile long bridge across the spillway which is essentially a relief valve from the Mississippi River to Lake Ponchartrain when the river gets to high - runs through St. Charles Parish), and LaPlace (St. John Parish where I live - about 20 - 22 miles from New Orleans). So, if the storm would not have turned from NNW to due North when it did, the area I live in would have been trashed like Metairie was. Metairie is literally a "birds nest" of power lines, snapped trees and other debris. For the most part, trees were not broken, they were actually pulled from the ground, roots and all through out the entire areas I mentioned above.

kevins05v-6: the goofy part about Metairie is that area that have never flooded in the past got 4-6 feet of water while area that flood with the slightest shower were dry.

Essentially, Katrina had the same strength as a F3 Tornado, but that power was spread over an area the size of Great Britain for a sustained period of 2-3 hours in any area it slowly passed across.

jjaguda ,

How did the refineries make out located in Norco? I used to work as an Instrumentation and Controls Technician out at TransAmarica (No-Hope).

Glad to hear everythings OK. You made the responsible decision on using your Explorer to get the family out. Great job :nice:

05 BLK-BLK said:
jjaguda ,

How did the refineries make out located in Norco? I used to work as an Instrumentation and Controls Technician out at TransAmarica (No-Hope).

Glad to hear everythings OK. You made the responsible decision on using your Explorer to get the family out. Great job :nice:

The refineries are comming back on line. I think at least one is running.

Joe