keep the gt or get a 2003 black cobra vert?

• Sponsors (?)

Keep the GT! You just put a very strong running/durable engine in it! And, I think, you already have the six-speed tranny too! Personally, I would take more pride in something that I have put together myself. IMO, even though the Cobra has more potential, it will need alot of $$ to be as fast as your GT will be and still be legal to run on most tracks. Assuming it is stock or nearly stock. If the Cobra gets to the 11.49 ET range, it will need a rollcage. Hardtops will only need a 6 pt. rollbar. At least at my local track anyway, IHRA sanctioned.

Maybe if it was a hardtop......

..........naahh!:D

many questions arise from this...
How much, if you do, owe on you GT? Miles? Mods?
How much you getting the cobra for? Miles? Mods?

I say if you dont owe anything on your GT do not get rid of it.
If you owe $ on it I guess it depends how much and for how long.
Also even though you may have a stable job with stable income always take into consideration this bad economy and what effect it can have on you personally in the future.
I for sure wouldnt want to get into paying $390-$500 a month when I can just fix up my paid off GT
imo

i went through the same choice around a year and a half ago. its easy for people to say get the cobra if their gt had no mods. once your heavily modded on the gt its a whole different ball game.

obviously you see what i chose. im not saying to do the same, just that the choice between the 2 is not as easy as some make it seem.

i really wouldnt want to give up my power level to go down to a stock cobra. i know the cobra could be modded but thats money plus a car payment

only plus of a stock cobra that i can think of for me would be a extended warrenty and the ability to bring the car to ford if something is wrong. i have to have mine towed an hour and a half if something goes wrong:mad: