kenne bell dyno tune

blazehaaze

May 14, 2007
in the kenne bell book that comes with the kit it says a dyno tune will void the warranty and not make any more horsepower. the way the sell the kit is the way it should run. ive heard from alot of people that a dyno tune makes a big difference. can anyone help me out here please

• Sponsors (?)

KB also says that a large, open element filter won't make anymore horsepower on a blown engine either. :rolleyes:

Honestly....think about it for a minute? What part of their product would you damage with a custom tune? A dyno tune makes no difference what so ever to the mechanical workings of the kit itself, so what really is it hurting? Maybe they're referring to the engine itself? In which case, I'd love for someone to post up how Kenne Bell came good for their engine rebuild after someone blew up their ride using one of their systems running their tune. :rlaugh:

Believe half of what you read when it comes to KB propaganda. They're in it to make money more than anything else and they'll say whatever is necessary to get you to plop down your hard earned money on their product. This way you're more likely to buy their parts to retain this "magical warranty" than you are to buy it somewhere else and line someone else’s pockets instead of theirs.

I like their product, but IMO the rest of the company is ****!

The reason why is because KB send the tune with the spark and a/f right where its supposed to be. After testing on many many cars they came up with the correct tune. The reason they don't want you to go to a dyno tuner is for the same reason I don't go to dyno tuners. There equipment is very used and as 02 sensors get used they read incorrect. And if it is incorrect and that tunner changes the a/f ratio from 11.5 (I think thats KB set a/f) to 12.0 BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KB is only trying to protect you from messing your ***** up.

The reason why is because KB send the tune with the spark and a/f right where its supposed to be. After testing on many many cars they came up with the correct tune. The reason they don't want you to go to a dyno tuner is for the same reason I don't go to dyno tuners. There equipment is very used and as 02 sensors get used they read incorrect. And if it is incorrect and that tunner changes the a/f ratio from 11.5 (I think thats KB set a/f) to 12.0 BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by the same token, each car is different, i think a custom dyno tune is crucial...

Ahhh, another person that's bought into the hype. Tell me then, how do you account for those buyers that have actually dyno tested their vehicles during a base run before hand and found the A/F ratio on most cases to be on the very lean/dangerous sid? Deftsound is correct. You can't provide a cookie cutter tune and expect it to react the same on all vehicles. Based on differences in production tolerances, normal engine wear, various bolt-ons owners might have, general condition of the engine, etc it impossible to predict via a "best guess" that the mail order tune is going to be the best one.

The guy was just wondering why KB says that and that is the explanation. I know that if you have heads and cams with a KB your a/f will be off compared to a stock heads and cams car with a KB. I was just giving him the reason why they say that. Which is true, I will never let a dyno tuner touch my cars with his equipment I'd rather rent the dyno and use my own stuff.

The guy was just wondering why KB says that and that is the explanation. I know that if you have heads and cams with a KB your a/f will be off compared to a stock heads and cams car with a KB. I was just giving him the reason why they say that. Which is true, I will never let a dyno tuner touch my cars with his equipment I'd rather rent the dyno and use my own stuff.

wow.......:rolleyes:

have the car tuned by a reputable 2v/3v/4v dyno tuner that does it daily, not somebody who "thinks" they can tune a car with someone else's dyno

KB also says that a large, open element filter won't make anymore horsepower on a blown engine either. :rolleyes:

Honestly....think about it for a minute? What part of their product would you damage with a custom tune? A dyno tune makes no difference what so ever to the mechanical workings of the kit itself, so what really is it hurting? Maybe they're referring to the engine itself? In which case, I'd love for someone to post up how Kenne Bell came good for their engine rebuild after someone blew up their ride using one of their systems running their tune. :rlaugh:

Believe half of what you read when it comes to KB propaganda. They're in it to make money more than anything else and they'll say whatever is necessary to get you to plop down your hard earned money on their product. This way you're more likely to buy their parts to retain this "magical warranty" than you are to buy it somewhere else and line someone else’s pockets instead of theirs.

I like their product, but IMO the rest of the company is ****!
in the paperwork is says an open element filter that is inside the engine bay sucking up hot air

in the paperwork is says an open element filter that is inside the engine bay sucking up hot air
Don't be too concerned about what they state in their "paperwork". They state this less because it’s ineffective for you engine and more so you’ll buy “their” cold air kit and accompanying tune. Yes, the air is going to be slightly warmer with an open element filter, but hardly hot. Especially once you get the car moving and the air starts moving around in the engine compartment. Any way you slice it, The engine will benefit more from ingesting large amounts of air from an open element filter, vs. trying to force it out of the stock air box....especially in a forced induction situation.

When I had my car dyno'd last summer at Steeda, I spoke to my tuner about this! Throughout the years after tuning several hundred cars he told me they would randomly take both under hood and ambient temperature readings during their dyno sessions and he said the average temperature and horsepower increase was temperature went up all of 7C in most cases, but with the open element air filter horsepower and especially torque ALWAYS increased. My dyno numbers jumped 20hp alone just by pulling my modified and K&N flat panel equipped airbox and replacing it with a large mouth 9" K&N conical filter.

Besides, if one were really concerned about it, they could always spend $10 at their local home depot and pick up some sheet metal to build themselves a heat shield for a little piece of mind.

I would however take another look at the tune afterwards. Because regardless what an "paperwork" says, injesting more air is going to have an affect on your A/F ratio.