Kenne Bell & LFP Aftermarket Cooler Reservoir

Mikie

the ahead of you horseman
Aug 2, 2000
Belmont NC
Guys,
I just installed my new Lightning Force Performance Heat Exchanger in place of the small KB unit. I have yet to install the large all aluminum reservoir that came with the HE in my order. Reason bieng is that the reservoir is designed to fit an 03-04 Cobra and my KB charger puts the alternator right in the way of the reservoir mounting spot. This is my chance to do the battery relocation kit I have always wanted. Now I have the stuff to relocate the battery and put the new reservoir where the battery previously resided.

Now the main question....

Should I leave my KB cylinder coolant reservoir in place and just ADD the LFP reservoir in line or remove the KB unit from the application all together?
Its not bothering anything there where it is, and I am figuring it will allow more storage for an extra quart of ice water / coolant.

Give me some ideas and comments to go on here.
What would you do.

1. ADD the LFP reservoir in line with the KB reservoir

2. Remove the KB and just use the LFP unit.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

More capacity=more cooling :shrug:
True Forged does have that new A/C intercooler res that mounts in the battery location :nice:
Keep the A/C cooling the intake too :nice:

Urban,
Nope... not enough room as it would take some serious modifying to get it to work and Im not 100% positive it could be done.
Reason being is that it mounts to the left of the radiator tank on the cobras. The Saleen and GT guys with other type superchargers have made them work with mild modifying, but the KB setup flips our alternator around as Im sure everyone knows. This also pushes it forward an inch or two and does not give the cooler room to fit in.

Gigiup,
Will do brotha....probably be done with it totally by Halloween at the very latest. If this thread has fell to the wayside I will dig it up and post pics for ya.

Awesome thanks...I'd love to see more pics of your car either way :drool:

Did you have to do any modifying of the tube routing/connection for the exchanger? How about mounting points for the unit itself?