Kooks or JBA Longtubes???

• Sponsors (?)

StainlessWorks grasshoppper, get the best!

If you want the ones that will make the most power, set the StainlessWorks SS full headers. I didn't get mine jet-coated, but I wish I had, the coating is worth it especially where there is a tight fit, and heat issues, like the terminators.

check'm out:SW 03-04 cobra headers

they are made for the larger 03-04 rectangular exhaust ports and that is not true of most of the headers made for the 4.6 block.

The JBA shorties are also one of the few headers designed for the new rectangular exhaust ports.

Keep in mind that the stock exhaust logs are good for well over 500RWHP. There are even a couple Cobra's out there making in excess of 600RWHP on a fully stock exhaust system! Headers on this car are not really the best bang for the buck and I'm betting that Mr. 04_snake will agree that they aren't the easiest thing to install either!

U.M.

Uncle Meat said:
The JBA shorties are also one of the few headers designed for the new rectangular exhaust ports.

Keep in mind that the stock exhaust logs are good for well over 500RWHP. There are even a couple Cobra's out there making in excess of 600RWHP on a fully stock exhaust system! Headers on this car are not really the best bang for the buck and I'm betting that Mr. 04_snake will agree that they aren't the easiest thing to install either!

U.M.

no, TOTAL aggrement, but it seemed like this fellow was ready for the leap. I wouldn't recommend planning on installing them over the weekend, on jackstands, or at least make sure there is no loaded gun in the house. :mad:

no minor task, about 9-12 hours labor, including an exhaust system or not, if you are paying. So bang for the buck :notnice:
Knowing every mod you do from that point forward will get better results with less issues with excessive boost and heat retention :nice:

besides, nothing sounds like long tubes, through a x-pipe, 3" pipes and a set of high flow mufflers. Christ I know some tuners that drop more $$ on a Audio/Video setup so they can share their musical tastes with the world, I like to share too and try to do my part to remind people what a V-8 should sound like!
:spot:

04_snake

Just posted a reply to the thread : ''96cobraQ's'' with a bunch of pics from 5.0 Magazine on Mid-Lenght Headers from Bassani ... those are THE ONES ... super easy to install (all tubes are individually put in to the collectors and the flange is slotted to ease installation as well to the manifold ... check'em close-up pics of detailed story !

GroundHog

bassani mid lenth

i "just" finnidhed installing a set on my 03 cobra. what a pain in the a$$! i wrench for a living and have every tool known to man and it is a bitch to put them in. i am quite happy with the resulth tho! i just posted a review also.