LarsD's build thread

10crg46.jpg

Got the axles sorted. Refilled the diff/crankcase, went out for a test drive. There is a minimal amount of noise from the rear (tbh it might have made that noise before, I can't remember) and the car feels a lot more stable now. Usually I can't get hooked up until the middle of third gear, now it hooks up early into 2nd gear. Once I get my MM LCA's installed then I can start looking into wider stickier tires so I can actually put some of the car's hp to use.

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Good to see you posting! Those subies can be a darn good time, but I'm glad to see you get some work done on your fox. Its nice to have the variety I bet! Do you still have the coyote?

Yeah I still have it, I want to redo the suspension on it again cause I think I can make it handle/ride better then it does now, but sit at the same height.

You are right on the variety thing, I bought an 86 BMW 325es last year, that one is a blast to drive as well. It is really different driving something that you have to try and maintain speed on because you don't have the power.

I just finished bolting on a whiteline watts link under my '11, but havent had a chance to go out and test it yet. What do you have under it right now? About the BMW, I dont know I would find the same enjoyment out of under powered car, but I guess throwing them around corners could be fun.

I just finished bolting on a whiteline watts link under my '11, but havent had a chance to go out and test it yet. What do you have under it right now? About the BMW, I dont know I would find the same enjoyment out of under powered car, but I guess throwing them around corners could be fun.

The BMW has a real direct feel, it is kind of hard to explain.

Right now the LX has Bilsteins, H&R R&T springs, new ball joints, all new bushings in the front, all stock in the rear. I have the MM LCA's ready to go in, after that I plan to ditch the quad shocks and my exhaust tips so I can fit some wider tires under it (probably 18x10's) I can't decide if I want to go with black bullitts, or piano black Forgestar F14's. Either way I plan to put pilot sport tires on it, I got sold on them after I put a set on my WRX and it totally changed the car.

I meant what do you have under your coyote that you plan on redoing? I love the F14's, but they are crazy expensive. Black bullitts with a polished lip are a good look, IMO. The lip helps separate them from the car a little, versus the F14s that just blend with the tire, which blends with the rest of the car.

I meant what do you have under your coyote that you plan on redoing? I love the F14's, but they are crazy expensive. Black bullitts with a polished lip are a good look, IMO. The lip helps separate them from the car a little, versus the F14s that just blend with the tire, which blends with the rest of the car.

Oh, Steeda CC plates, H&R sport springs, Koni STR's. They are all 2010 fitment cause 2011+ parts weren't available yet when I put them on the car. The Steeda's are noisier then I'd like, and the springs are under dampened by the Koni's so it gets a little pogo'y.

I'd like to switch to Bilsteins, maybe a Ground control coil over conversion, and MM CC plates. I did GC's on the E30, I was able to lower it pretty good, it rides good, and handles really well.

I have piano black F14s on my yote and they don't blend too badly with the tires

Yeah I want something different. The last three sets of rims I have bought for my Mustangs were all Bullitts. I mean, I like them a lot, and the reps are cheap, but I'd like to do something different.

Planning to do the LCA's tomorrow, found the heater core is leaking today (yay), not that the heater ever worked well after I did the motor swap, my setup runs crazy cool in the winter.