Leaky Proportioning Valve.... Need Help Identifying

92Apocalypso

Mar 7, 2017
gentleman,

I have a leaky proportioning valve, and I may need a replacement. it seems to be seaping out of the front of it some.... regardless, previous owner did a 5 lug swap, and I'm not sure if the proportioning valve is from sn95 or a factory fox or what. any input would help. thanks...

Attachments

• 20170604_200757.jpg
    20170604_200757.jpg
    438.4 KB · Views: 653
  • 20170604_200807.jpg
    20170604_200807.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 1,080
  • Sponsors (?)

Hard to tell. It has the line on the rear like an SN95, but that could be swapped to the fox combo valve. How I did my 5-lug swap.

However, looks like the stock plug is in the front. Tells me the valve never got gutted. There's an oring under that cap that can be replaced.

What's your brake setup again? You might just want to gut the PV and install the ford Racing prob valve plug, and an adjustable PV.

Or you can do the max motorsports PV delete kit

It does get rid of all that rusty junk.

The MC can compensate if a line loses fluid. The stock valve does also have a shuttle valve, but to be honest, all of the valves I've disassembled have had the shuttle valve frozen up anyway.

I'll prob do the Max motorsports delete my next time I mess with those lines

Hard to tell. It has the line on the rear like an SN95, but that could be swapped to the fox combo valve. How I did my 5-lug swap.

However, looks like the stock plug is in the front. Tells me the valve never got gutted. There's an oring under that cap that can be replaced.

What's your brake setup again? You might just want to gut the PV and install the ford Racing prob valve plug, and an adjustable PV.

Or you can do the max motorsports PV delete kit

I'll look into the kit. as far as setup goes, to my knowledge, everything was parted out from a 99-04 GT.... but I'm not 100% on that

also, what are my options again for a replacement? is not knowing exactly what my setup is an issue? I really have to figure this out asap because car doesn't have emergency brake either.... I have to get that figured out as well... I need to able to stop you know

In the tech/how to section there are several threads on brake upgrades, it may help you id that block and fixing the e brake
I would like to thank all the people that contributed to those threads, y'all make me seem smarter than I really am :banana:

In the tech/how to section there are several threads on brake upgrades, it may help you id that block and fixing the e brake
I would like to thank all the people that contributed to those threads, y'all make me seem smarter than I really am :banana:

no doubt. I am just so limited using my phone, search options are fairly limited.... just more fun to ask the pros haha. thanks for your help everyone too btw