Looking at an '01 Z06

laserstang21

Feb 4, 2007
luling, La
I'm looking at a white 2001 corvette zo6. the corvette has 8k miles on it, cam, intake, long tubes, and worked heads. its a guy that works in the chemical plant my dad works in. im getting a hell of a deal and cant pass it up. the guy is 64 and just doesnt want it anymore. gonna try to put up some pics soon

• Sponsors (?)

What are the specs on the cam? Stock 243 heads that ported or aftermarket? Any dyno numbers?

You will like the Z. Add a set of 3.90 or 4.10's and it will pull hard.

Damn, that is a killer deal. White cars only came in 01, and man, they look sick!

Car should be good for 120-125mph in the 1/4.

It's now Talk Forum friendly. Moved back to SN95 Talk.

FYI, any chit chat about selling a vehicle, regardless of the basis of any other content in the thread gets it moved into a Sales Forum.

Nice ride but,seriously are you taking a trip to the dark side with Mark? :rlaugh:

take a ride in a zo6 or a newer corvette....im sure you'll come over with open arms.

I'm going to be in the market for an older zo6 prolly next year. I'm thinking of getting rid of the 03GT for something more practical. I already have a fast 2v.....just waiting to hook up that nitrous kit. Theres no dark side/cool side....only people that stroke their egos.

take a ride in a zo6 or a newer corvette....im sure you'll come over with open arms.

I'm going to be in the market for an older zo6 prolly next year. I'm thinking of getting rid of the 03GT for something more practical. I already have a fast 2v.....just waiting to hook up that nitrous kit. Theres no dark side/cool side....only people that stroke their egos.

hook up the spray youll love it!!! i like boost better imo, but i just put a kit on mine (100 wet) and it pulls like a mother!! no traction at all in 1-3rd 4th will skate a little and then hook. lol

i know you will like the spray, but a good h/c/i ls1 or 6 will make more power than you on spray and get better mpg, and pick up more chicks haha..

hook up the spray youll love it!!! i like boost better imo, but i just put a kit on mine (100 wet) and it pulls like a mother!! no traction at all in 1-3rd 4th will skate a little and then hook. lol

i know you will like the spray, but a good h/c/i ls1 or 6 will make more power than you on spray and get better mpg, and pick up more chicks haha..

I'm really excited to hook up the zex. I have 3.73's as well....so...i dont know how thats going to work with traction :p

but, like you said....those vetts are REALLY fast. Hopefully when I'm all done with school ill look into it. Silver ones really grab my attention. If only they made a few targa tops like the new vetts :drool:

Well I've been on both sides. I try to drive my dads vette every chance I get. I'm hoping to drive tge car within the next few days. The cuts gonna let my dad take it for a day or two. I think that car with black and polished ccw's or true forges chicanes would be so sick. I'm in love with it

Well I hope you are in the right place in your life to be owning a vette. They are generally pretty useless cars and are best as second or third cars that are only occasionally driven due to only having two seats, etc.

Well I hope you are in the right place in your life to be owning a vette. They are generally pretty useless cars and are best as second or third cars that are only occasionally driven due to only having two seats, etc.
Yea, I would only consider gettin' one if I had a lift, heard they are a pain to work on, wouldn't know where to begin on a dry sump auto. Impractal yes, useless:shrug:. Not for the novice mechanic thats for sure.

Well like you said different strokes for different folks as everyone
is different in this world.I would never purchase a Corvette because I
don't like the body style personally. I am just waiting until 2011 when
the 2011 Subaru STi comes out I will be getting one of those definitley. :nice: