Looking for a GT

Hey guys, I just had my car stolen last week(my 90 GT), though it was recovered, there's a good amount of damaged and missing parts that might lead my insurance to total it. So, I kinda looked up some mustangs and the one I really would have next is a 94 GT that it fully loaded, with the upgraded sound system(mach460 or something...), 5 speed, leather interior(black) chrome tri-bars and with only 74XXX miles, the lot owner originally wanted $8500 for it, does that seem like a good deal? any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Wow .... yeah, that is WAY too much for that car, IMO. I know I got a good deal, but I'll tell ya' how it went down for me .....

A year ago, I bought my 2nd SN95 for $3,500. It's a '94 opal frost GT (WJ: not so common paint code). 5-speed. All black interior (perf. cond.) '97 Cobra wheels. Almost all the mods listed below (not really that many). Cobra R hood. Sunroof (aftermarket for these cars). The body had a good 150,000 miles, but it had a fresh 306 under the hood. Days later (after buying) , I consulted a couple of machine shops that were near our area. One of the guys CONFIRMED that he did the work on this car's engine. Car had a bad clutch when I got it (only fault). $200 & 1 week later, the car ran like brand new & REALLY good.

The first one I had (chrome yellow '95) I paid $8,000 for. I learned my lesson on that one .... so I don't want anyone else to make the same mistake.

My point is .... if you look around & talk to people, you WILL find a good deal on one somewhere. Luckily, I only had to travel 30 minutes to the guys house to pick it up. Talk this guy down ... alot ..... if you want THAT car.

SeventyMach1 said:
Wow .... yeah, that is WAY too much for that car, IMO. I know I got a good deal, but I'll tell ya' how it went down for me .....

A year ago, I bought my 2nd SN95 for $3,500. It's a '94 opal frost GT (WJ: not so common paint code). 5-speed. All black interior (perf. cond.) '97 Cobra wheels. Almost all the mods listed below (not really that many). Cobra R hood. Sunroof (aftermarket for these cars). The body had a good 150,000 miles, but it had a fresh 306 under the hood. Days later (after buying) , I consulted a couple of machine shops that were near our area. One of the guys CONFIRMED that he did the work on this car's engine. Car had a bad clutch when I got it (only fault). $200 & 1 week later, the car ran like brand new & REALLY good.

The first one I had (chrome yellow '95) I paid $8,000 for. I learned my lesson on that one .... so I don't want anyone else to make the same mistake.

My point is .... if you look around & talk to people, you WILL find a good deal on one somewhere. Luckily, I only had to travel 30 minutes to the guys house to pick it up. Talk this guy down ... alot ..... if you want THAT car.

once again, :stupid:

one way of talking him down on the price is by picking out everything that's wrong w/ the car and making him feel guilty for asking that much for it... you gotta make him feel like crap, though--tell him how X is gonna cost you $X to fix it--worked for me.

i'd say go $6k max. i got mine for $7k, but it is a vert and it already had a new cloth top, aftermarket stereo with subwoofer, 3:73s, shorty headers, o/r h-pipe, catback, cai, 4" cowl hood, big a$$ wing, weld draglites, subframe connectors, and a cobra bumper. and 84000 miles.

and he threw in the lowering springs but they hadn't been installed yet.

oh, and mine is leather too and also i live in an area where everything is more expensive than most areas ... washington dc