Looks like I finally finished another long awaited project TRACTION LOC!

mfp4073

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2001
Hells Ditch, FL
Finally upgraded my 9" rear to a 28 spline traction loc with new moser axles and got it running yesterday! Went down some blind alleys in the process, bought myself an equiloc, bought myself a 31spline t loc, and finally 2 28 spline traction locs in pieces at the turkey rod run (deal of the century at $100 for both). Got the wrong bearings at least twice. :nonono: But finally all bolted in and got to listen to my left rear tire dig in last night! With the number of these things I have around now, the number that I have disassembled and reassembled having no idea what I was doing I think I am now ready to not look at another ANY time soon! :nice: Just a rejet on the carb and I am track bound to check the results! :D

• Sponsors (?)

NorCal66 said:
Nice! Ah I wish I could put in a trac-loc or limited slip in right now...one project at a time I guess. Have fun, won't have look back to see the peg-legged burn out anymore.

No worries, you will get to it...as of jan 3rd I will have been working on the car for 13 years! :rolleyes: