Lost control of stang!

lxwants12's

Sep 22, 2004
i was cruising on the 101 with everyone heading ona cruise up north with about 15 cars and i was in the middle lane between 2 other stangs within the cruis and the camera was tapin so i decided to show the camera a lil something..turned the n20 on then down shifted from 5th to 3rd at about 65 mph tires broke lose for a second then when they grabbed the control arm ripped right out and the right rear of the car slammed down and rested on the tire!!.....right rear tire locked up.....dont ask me how but i kept it in control and managed not hit anyone even though i was an inch from slamming into cars in both lanes next to me....sparks flying everywhere and everything...looked like some **** u see in movies...but no body damage or anything matter fact i am goin to look at it now and take some pics....ill be posting them soon.....

• Sponsors (?)

the video was short the guy was taping from the pass side of the car in the right lane of me...the video is kinda cool but sucky....he sees me down shift then once it broke and came close to the car he got scared thought i was gonna hit their car and the camera goes to the floor board

heres some pics
100_1233.jpg

100_1232.jpg

100_1232.jpg

100_1230.jpg

100_1227.jpg

100_1234.jpg

Attachments

• 100_1233.jpg
    100_1233.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 100_1232.jpg
    100_1232.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 100_1232.jpg
    100_1232.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 100_1230.jpg
    100_1230.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 100_1227.jpg
    100_1227.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 100_1234.jpg
    100_1234.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 63
they were d&d guys.... for your concern i was fine the car as well....if i was goin justa lil faster like 75 or 80.....i think it would have been much worse....it was unreal how hard it was to steer and control that thing when it happened....also my tires only cleared the fender lip by like 1/16 of an inch any wider of a tire and i for sure would have a had a serious blowout as well...i think I know will be rolling the fenders a little bit as soon as i can.....im really pissed a d&d though...those ca's are only about 1 year old and i thought that if i was to damage them somehow it would be with slicks on launch.....not a 65 mph roll with nittos.....guess the 455 rwtq can get pretty nasty with the chassis

well any suggestions on what to get next...im thinkin MM's adjustable uppers and lowers...then weld in some battl boxes too while im there

some1 also told me some Megabite Jr's i persoanlly dont know any1 with them so im lokin for input on those as well

i went with the adjustable ones from PRO-3 industries and they have worked out perfect and the price was great, and i have a couple more ponies than you do, so those should work fine

well it wasnt my camera but it will be posted on another site in a few days..the vid is short so yo might not be able to see it well...but you will def notice the loss of control the moment it broke.....
S&B....do u have a link or a number?? do they make uppers as well?

Curse: trust me i would be lieing if i said i wasnt scared when it happened....the car was pulling to the right soooooo hard that i swear it felt like it was on tracks...thanx for the ling though...whic set should i go with the street....or strett/ race?? the price def is great!!