Lost control of stang!

• Sponsors (?)

You should try to bring this to the attention of d&d. At least let them know what could be a defect in the whole product line.

Who knows, the worst that could happen is they be really cool about it and send you a new set of control arms.

I just put my new lowers on and now i'm scared to drive it. It's been raining all weekend and is supposed to rain all the way through next weekend so by the time i get ready to drive it again i'll have forgotten about this hopefully.

Roland when it broke i was like holy **** **** **** what the **** i wish i had this would have never happened if i had just put a bid on that ultra rare gt from canada!!....j/k man i didnt say a word i just held my breath and maintained as much control as possible.....eventhough i didnt hit any1 i was still sideways and sloppy in the middle lane!!

I am goin to bring it to d&d attention....i never thought anything like this would happen....

And for those of u that are thinking that aftermarketsca's are dangerous..dont think that...its just an unfortunate event and maybe they were bad units or maybe they have a specific max hp rating im not sure i never checked into it...didnt think my 400 rwhp and 455 rwtq would gime problems like that....i have seen a few cars with the same power on stock unit.....either way i dont want another set of ca's from them even if they were free...i would be way to scared to do anything with full throttle.....no track or highway or anything.....

lxwants12's said:
i was cruising on the 101 with everyone heading ona cruise up north with about 15 cars and i was in the middle lane between 2 other stangs within the cruis and the camera was tapin so i decided to show the camera a lil something..turned the n20 on then down shifted from 5th to 3rd at about 65 mph tires broke lose for a second then when they grabbed the control arm ripped right out and the right rear of the car slammed down and rested on the tire!!.....right rear tire locked up.....dont ask me how but i kept it in control and managed not hit anyone even though i was an inch from slamming into cars in both lanes next to me....sparks flying everywhere and everything...looked like some **** u see in movies...but no body damage or anything matter fact i am goin to look at it now and take some pics....ill be posting them soon.....

I bet you peed a little :D

Glad to see ur ok and nothing happend to the stang.

nah no lawyer or anything like that no 1 was hurt and no other damage to my car other then the sway bar being dragged.....I haven called yet but will do soo soon.....i would send the video but the fact is you cant really tell too much what happened if it was taped from behind i would but i dont think it would help...i will send them the email of the the pics i have posted here though...we shall see i doubt that they will do anything for me...but i will let them know that i will put a bad word out on there ca's all over the forums!

Well i just send d&d an email...so we'll see what they say about the situation i was polite yet firm and concerned so i hope they handle this somewhat seriously, i also attached the pictures for them to look at....anywayz im gonna hit the sack talk to yall tomorrow!

well just got an email back from d&d they said they would replace the ca...if i send it to them with an invoive....well i def dont have an invoice and they also said that they wanted to makesure its theirs and not a copy...i had bought the arms from a company called dugans racing so now im not sure if they are a copy but either way im assed out ill just go and order the mms this week or next and get it back on the road

Roland.....i gave here a shocker for ya....then another one for strype....and the last one for frankenstang

tonight i get all the shockers for myself

lxwants12's said:
well just got an email back from d&d they said they would replace the ca...if i send it to them with an invoive....well i def dont have an invoice and they also said that they wanted to makesure its theirs and not a copy...i had bought the arms from a company called dugans racing so now im not sure if they are a copy but either way im assed out ill just go and order the mms this week or next and get it back on the road

Roland.....i gave here a shocker for ya....then another one for strype....and the last one for frankenstang

tonight i get all the shockers for myself

By invoice I pressume we mean reciept...

If you bought the product using a Debit or Credit card you can ask ur company to send you an invoice of your purchases.. that should be enough to prove your purchase. I have done this before. I have even used a PayPal invoice once to return a faulty product to a company for warranty repair.