lost keys

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
Hey guys I lost my keys in Daytona, I'm in orlando right now, about a 45 minute drive. I got a spare but its only the ignition, my question is what is the best way to get in? I can take my driver side door handle off from the outside because its not rivited anymore, if I do that can I reach the little rod the sticks up and just pull it up? I have roadside assistance but if I could do it by myself I'd rather not call them and have to wait, The driver side door is unlocked but the door handle is broken, the passenger side is locked with a working door handle. Help me out fellas

• Sponsors (?)

all you need is a long skinny rod, or screwdriver, stick it up underniath the door handle and push up/lift up, you will lift the lock rod right up/ Thats why most guys either rivet a piece of metal behind the door handle to block the hole, or they remove the lock rod. ITs so damn easy to get into these cars without breaking anything, its a sin.

ps, did you decide on keeping the car?

Yea ill miss it alot. I ended up going back and got the door open b ut it was the wrong spare key. No car but had another great day at the beach.