Lowering springs and drag racing

NewbStang

May 31, 2003
Although Im not an avid drag racer I do go once in a while and I have been told that lowering springs may hinder your times because of weight transfer issues with stiffer springs....While I don't wanna purchase drag springs and wanna definitely lower my car which springs would hinder my times teh least from the Eibach, Steeda, H&R, FR?

• Sponsors (?)

joejoejc said:
im not 100% sure what to realy look for but i drag race alot and im going with steeda's sports and buy summer i hope to have tokico drag struts on.

From what I hear, the Steeda sport springs are the best all around spring for everyday driving and the occasional 1/4 run. The springs rate is acceptable enough to still allow weight transfer.
I on the other hand am about to have to change the entire suspension. I have H&R Race springs with Bilstein shocks/struts. Love the stiff ride and handling capabilities, but absolutely worthless at the drag strip. Can you say NO weight transfer!?!?

yea it was between steeda and eibachs for me...i was gonna go with steeda first but sideshots of cars with it on seems like they dont drop it enuff in the back...almost looks like the front was dropped but the back is stock...so im prob gonna go with eibachs about same spring rates if nt a lil lower and all around drop