Lowest rated 2.3T engine

thewrongguy

Founding Member
Feb 1, 2002
Windsor, ON Canada
I've been looking around and have been trying to find what the lowest rated 2.3T engine was. I have to believe it was a non-intercooled automatic thunderbird or cougar.

The reason I ask is when the swap goes down I'm going to tell my insurance company the engine came out of whatever car it is. I figure if I can find one rated at 150 hp or so I can use my 'but a 93 neon has almost as much horsepower'.

Thanks

Jeff

• Sponsors (?)

Just do it and don't tell anybody but us.
Use the money you save in insurance to do some mods.

The only drawback is that if its ever wrecked your ins will only pay what they say its worth. This doesn't mean much to me because even though I have all the receipts it would never be "worth" what I have in it.

The only difference is I'm Canadian and Canadian insurance companies make the waffen SS look like a bunch of pu$$ies. They take things incredibly seriously. I've talked to friends in Michigan that got in accidents and a guy with a coffee shows up and walks around the car twice. I was a passenger in a car when my cousin got in a really minor fender bender, and it was like a forensics team showed up. They seperated us and questioned us. They must have paid more in salaries then they did for the 300 bucks worth of damage.

Jeff