LT Headers on lowered car???

soonerfever

Jul 25, 2006
My 98 is lowered (not too much) and I am considering LT headers. I was shorties all the way but some of you guys said they were pretty useless (power wise). I know the advantage of LT's but I am worried about them getting banged up. Right now my O/R pipe drags over some speed bumps. Has anyone got LT's on a lowered car?

• Sponsors (?)

My car is lowered over 2 inches on coilovers & I have Mac LT's & havent scraped them any worse than I scraped m catted H pipe. Granted, my car isnt a DD, & I do drive carefully since I did the LT's, but i havent had any problems yet.... If you are worried about ground clearance Mac LT's are the ticket. They are also great quality for how cheap they are & u will notice a huge increase in power, or at least I did.... Kooks, SLP,BBK, & Hooker all hang pretty low & could pose a potential problem.

The one thing to remember is that Mac & BBK both wont allow tranny removal once installed, so u might want to make sure your clutch is in good working order before you install the LT's because the tranny will not come out without removing the LT's...

View attachment 317475

In this pic u can see that they barely hang lower than my subframes...

de8a5b3e.jpg

As u can see, my car is pretty low too...I say, go for it!!!

DSC_0030.jpg

Thanks for the info. EPIK! Did you have any problems putting the headers on and are they coated? By the way you have beautiful car!

Thanks bro...

I didnt install them myself. I paid a freind & his buddy to install them. They had installed quite a few sets of Modular longtubes so they had it down pretty good. They did it on the floor of their garage in about 4 hours. It is a pretty involved job since u have to drop the K member to do it right, but I think anybody that can work on a car & has the right tools is capable of it. But plan on spending at least a day or 2 to do the job right if u have never done it before.....

Now that I look at Deftsounds pics of his BBK's, they dont look like they hang down much further than mine...BTW Deft, u need subframe connectors on that beast, u have more power than me:D....

Thanks bro...

I didnt install them myself. I paid a freind & his buddy to install them. They had installed quite a few sets of Modular longtubes so they had it down pretty good. They did it on the floor of their garage in about 4 hours. It is a pretty involved job since u have to drop the K member to do it right, but I think anybody that can work on a car & has the right tools is capable of it. But plan on spending at least a day or 2 to do the job right if u have never done it before.....

Now that I look at Deftsounds pics of his BBK's, they dont look like they hang down much further than mine...BTW Deft, u need subframe connectors on that beast, u have more power than me:D....

those are old pictures, i have mm full lengths like you now