LUCAS OIL, TRANS and ENGINE

Jsun3701

Dec 10, 2004
Virginia
So whats the deal, I just changed the transmission fluid on my buddies MACH1. He said he Website said to put Lucas in with the tranny fluid. So how good is this stuff. Will It help a 3650 that sticks in the cold. Will it help that early morning piston slap. If you have used it please tell us what you thought. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Any synthetic trans. fluid that meets/exceeds MERCON/DEXRON specs should help you out. Many people have had great results when they switched to a Synchromesh-type fluid but I wouldn't go that route because the manual calls for ATF.

Synthetic engine oil that is more viscous should calm down the piston slap. For instance, going from a 5w-20 to a 10w-30 should help out in the mornings.

Back when I ran sportscars (MG, work with me here) they had crude little trannies, and engines that looked like they were designed for farm implements, not 6,500rpm. Any way, I ran Lucas in the motor, the trans and the rearend. It was a low buck deal, I had built the car myself from the ground up including engine/trans ,absolutely everything was done in my garage. I ran Daytona, Sebring, West Palm and Savanah with it, did ok. Here's the thing, I NEVER had an engine or driveline failure ever. I also used it in my F150 that has 200,900 miles on it, a lot of it towing the MG and the mustang to races. (I run Lucas in the mustang too). Dude, I swear by that stuff.

Lucas Semi Synthetic ATF, Redline D4-ATF Synthetic, and Royal Purple Synchromax are all great products. I happen to like the Royal Purple products in particular. The Synchromax is specifically designed for manual transmissions that call for ATF. The GM Sychromesh is also a good product for the 3650's.

The TR-3650 uses a hybrid organic/carbon fiber friction lining on the friction face of the blocker rings. The Royal Purple Sychromax and the GM Synchromesh are specifically designed to have a low sulfur content and work best with those specific type of blocker rings making gear engagements as smooth as possible.

gm synchromesh FTW!!!

part number 12345349. list cost 10.41 per quart.

im gonna try abtou 1/2 quart of lucas synthetic in my trans. my 1-2 shift is a little crappy when i first start out in teh morning

i have used lucas in my sisters jeep which has piston slap, worn rigns, etc. etc. - real POS. the lucas quiets down teh motor, and you can honestly feel a little more SOTP power, and much less smoke form the exhaust