LX vs GT 87-93 FoxBody; Whats the diff?

• Sponsors (?)

My 92gt vert. weighted 3600lbs at Gateway international raceway with a 1/2 thank of gas. I have two freinds who have gt verts one weight is 3580 and the other is 3610 these weights were without driver. A lot of the weigth comes from stiffing componets because of the convt. just look under the car and you can see added bars for extra strenght. Yes my car is a pig but she's paid for. :bang:

My 85gt is pretty bare, no power options, no a/c, sunroof,and now no soundproofing,lightweight steel floors, no heating equipment, no windshield wipers or motor or fluid, no smog or charcoal canistor, all extra wires removed, aluminum pulleys, rad, driveshaft, Uca's and Lca's, rims and soon heads, fibreglass hood, and tubular k member and A arms. Point being pretty light I will try to weigh my car and find out I hope all the effort is worth it. It is not a daily driver btw if you wondered the logic of the no wipers I have that rain X so water beads right off the glass.

I am hoping for around 2700-2800lbs is this logical?

My friends 90 GT weighs less than my 93 Lx 5spd...

Another guy I know has a GT, auto, vert, and only weighs in at 3280...hardly a pig...

I can't stand the "pig Gt" myth...maybe vs. a low optioned 5spd notch...you might make that comparison but to many people believe just because it is a Gt automatically makes it "overweight" :notnice: