M2300 Conversion -cable Question

G00nies

Nov 7, 2014
So....I have the Ford Racing 37 page deal here and wanna make sure I order the correct brake cables for the rear...
I called the tech hotline and the M-2809-A is discontinued. I already HAVE the M-2810-A FRONT cable assy.

Will the F3ZZ-2A635-A rear cables work? When I search for them Amazon pulls up DORMAN product (left and right side)...

I don't know enough about what came stock versus what will WORK with my conversion..Stock SN95 stuff?

• Sponsors (?)

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-2635D/1987-92-Mustang-Rear-Parking-Brake-Cable-Rear-Disc-Brakes

2 of those and call it a day. Not true 2809 cables, but reproductions

To answer your question the other lines won't work without snagging parts of a 1993 or Sn95 car and tack welding them on the underside. The parking brake setup changed completely in 1993
Good to know, and thanks.

So, I work at a shop and have access to NAPA and the like, those cables from a 94-98 stang would work? They are a heck of alot cheaper...I mean, I'm already gonna have to weld the cable to the parking brake handle for the conversion, whats another weld?

You certainly could, you just need to find the clip that holds the ends from an sn95 mustang.

The 87-92 cars have exposed cables like this
IMG_9871.JPG

The 93+ cars have covered cables. Here's the bracket you need to source. It actually pop rivets in place. In addition there are a few clips that hold the cables along the way that are different than what you have now. Also there are two clips on the lower control arms that bolt to the roll bar mount that hold the cable free from the wheel. Best way is to find an sn95 at junk yard and take the various clips and that trans tunnel mount
IMG_9870.JPG

You certainly could, you just need to find the clip that holds the ends from an sn95 mustang.

The 87-92 cars have exposed cables like this
IMG_9871.JPG

The 93+ cars have covered cables. Here's the bracket you need to source. It actually pop rivets in place. In addition there are a few clips that hold the cables along the way that are different than what you have now. Also there are two clips on the lower control arms that bolt to the roll bar mount that hold the cable free from the wheel. Best way is to find an sn95 at junk yard and take the various clips and that trans tunnel mount
IMG_9870.JPG
:hail:
This is exactly what I need. Thanks!

That is true. So if we use the trans tunnel bracket, the 93 cobra brake lines would work as well? They still hook to the calipers the same as the 99-04?

I'm at this stage on my conversion, so I'm just trying to figure out the route I want to take.

Yup, the 1993 cobra brakes are similar to sn95. E brake hookup is similar, you just need to install that clip and then route the cable and secure it

You still need that adjustable center cable and the equalizer bar off current setup

Yup, the 1993 cobra brakes are similar to sn95. E brake hookup is similar, you just need to install that clip and then route the cable and secure it

You still need that adjustable center cable and the equalizer bar off current setup

Okay. so regardless of my current setup (stock 92), Ill still need to brake cable quadrant AND the 93 up pop rivet bracket?

You will still need the bracket that is posted above. If you buy that, it's another $40. And you will need a different Center cable. The one in the kit is non adjustable, and you need a way to adjust it. So that's another $35. It's around $120 for the adjustable Center cable and the two brake cables listed above. You have to purchase the center cable separate as I don't think there is a kit available anymore. So you will save about $40 not messing with the bracket if you choose to buy it new. Just use the cables listed above and they will route in the factory fox locations using the factory hardware. Along with the Ford adjustable Center cable. It's the simplest solution with the least amount of work.

Okay. so regardless of my current setup (stock 92), Ill still need to brake cable quadrant AND the 93 up pop rivet bracket?

You would need the center adjustable cable, two cables to the rear, the pop rivet bracket, and a few clamps to hold the cable to the body.

Also this is needed regardless or you run the risk of tires rubbing on the cables. Zip ties also work temporarily.

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-2530A-K/mustang-parking-brake-cable-guide-kit-94-04

Overpriced I know. I just snagged mine off a V6 at the boneyard

That may be covered in the tech section for brake upgrades
@Mustang5L5 may be able to help here.
I feel like a stangnet info cop cause I know noth'n but I know who does!

Sounds to me like a good reason to try you out as a moderator. PM me with questions and let me know if you screw something up and are not quite sure how to unscrew it. lol