Mac CAI Question

PonyJoe

Mar 14, 2004
Northern Virginia
So I got my Mac CAI yesterday. I installed it today, but it seems the filter I got doesn't fit on inside the fenderwell over the pipe. Its an oblong cone filter, but when I try to install it, it hits either a) the body frame, or b) an electical box that is also right behind the fender, next to hole. Anyone else have this problem? If so, how'd you fix it? Any suggestions, should I just get a different filter?

• Sponsors (?)

Absolutely no idea. Did you make sure you bought the right package, and if so, they sent you the right one?
Otherwise, you will be very pleased with the MAC dual exhaust, i installed mine 2 days ago and it sounds so good... and the 17" Bullit rims also look great on it, i have a set on mine as well in charcoal... im not sure what a great deal of good a stut bar would do for your car..?

Everything fits perfectly except the filter. I've got everything installed already, and it looks and fits great. I'm going to try to push the lower tube through the fender hole some more to see if I can have more of it stick out so the filter can fit without hitting anything.

As for strut bar, a good friend of mine got one on his 2002 GT and says its nice to have if you want to take corners a little faster than normal. I'm still undecided to whether or not I want to get it though, as I normally don't take corners faster than I should even without it.

:D

I got it fixed. I shoved the lower pipe really hard through the fender so I had like 2.5 inches to work with underneath the fenderwell. Needless to say, it fit. Wee!

Attachments

• maccai.jpg
    maccai.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 156
looks nice man, thinking about putting cold air in my 95'
but my point about the strut bar is that its only a V6, isnt there like less roll in it than a V8 (My bro has a V8, and sure enough has cold air and a strut brace)(its a convertible, so it can use the extra rigidity)

There's a lot less roll in a V6 than the V8, and even less with mine since it's not a vert. That's why I'm still undecided on whether or not I want to get it or not.

The CAI is nice, has a nicer breathing sound than stock intake. When you turn it off it sounds like a turbo letting out extra pressure almost, with a nice "psssssssh" sound. And no, it's not a leak ;)

I haven't felt any huge gains, but it does give a nicer "bite" when I floor it.

if you brought the right kit for your car then everything should fit perfect, i had some you hold the CAI at the fenderwell while i was under the car installing the filter