Mac LT (ready to be installed *pic*

jezzi55

Founding Member
Aug 22, 2002
I know alot of people doesn't recommed Mac LTs, but it's all prepped to be installed now....

header.jpg

VHT 1500 degree flat black coated (hopefully this will prevent rusting for awhile) Wish me luck~!! Oh, I forgot to mention....Prochamber will be there to link the LTs with my Magnapacks~!!~ yahoOOO

• Sponsors (?)

natx808 said:
those look great... but i'm glad my bbk's had a big flange at the end, made it a lot easier to install in the long run, even tho i had someone helping at the time.

have fun with it! are you gonna use oem gaskets? =)

Yeah, I'm ordering a new set of OEM gasket......

anyone able to pass emissions with lt's and high flow cats. I live in nyc and heard that you cant pass even with cats. Also, what are you guys getting on 96 - 98's with lts?

Thanks,

Dan

natx808 said:
those look great... but i'm glad my bbk's had a big flange at the end, made it a lot easier to install in the long run, even tho i had someone helping at the time.

have fun with it! are you gonna use oem gaskets? =)
what do you mean by a "big flange"?

importwho said:
yo mogwy!!!!!! he means bbk has a flange on the ends where it bolts up to the heads and mac don't they are seperated into individual pipes.....

ohh I thought he meant the collector flanges. I like the individuals WAY better. Its an easier install and they line up 100 times better.

joestang98 said:
I would say more than 10 rwhp on 96-98 they have even less flow from there stock exhaust manafolds. I would say more like 20rwhp with a good flowing x-pipe and straight through cat-back atleast.

nope, it's in the 10rwhp range. that's what i got from my last 98gt when i put lt's on. & i got 18rwhp (mustang dyno) with my 03. it wold have been 20+ rwhp in my 03 if it had been on a dynojet :nice: