mac prochamber or an x pipe?

montyd

Mar 13, 2006
trying to decide on a mid pipe. i absolutely love ythe way a prochamber sounds but i am on a tight budget and i am told an x pipe will sound very close to it. is that true or should i just buy a mac?

• Sponsors (?)

The prochamber sounds more "hollow"? or a little more like a moscle car, but an X sounds more "raspy" and more like a sports car. I have an X with spintechs on my '73 Merc, and I love it.

Try streetfire.net or youtube.com, for videos of others exhaust combos. Thats what made me go with an X.

forgot to say that i have a 93 5 speed, 5.0 has full exhaust on it now(shorty headers and flomasters). will be getting a turbo and a 306 this winter. my buddy has a 03 mach with slp on it and i love the way that sounds, almost raspy but not really hard to explain i guess.

I have a mac pro chamber and everyone tells me the car sounds badas*. I have had a few people come up to me and ask me what is done to it and the say it sounds really mean. Pro chamber all the way..

From what Ive heard prochambers can hold a car back. I run bbk shorties, mac x no cats and a mac catback. I think it sounds pretty nasty and everyone that comments on it likes it also. Like montegoman351 said, you cant compare a pushrod to a modular engine two very different sounds.

i get what your saying pushrod to modular that was just a reference i guess. i love my pusrod motor tho. i was told the opposite about the prochamber tho. i was told that it will gain you power because the 5.0's love the chambered exhaust.