Mach 1/GT hood+ GT scoops, Where?

thebigcd89

Jul 16, 2005
Bellevue,WA
I have a 2002 V6, and I am looking to replacing the OEM hood as well as the side scoops, with some GT scoops and GT Hood, or Mach 1 hood, where can I get these and will the 2002 Mach 1 hood fit on mine, or will the 2002 GT hood and scoops fit directly on mine?

• Sponsors (?)

no i know, lol i know the mach 1 has a hole, it's for the shacker, i was only thinking about the mach 1 hood if i got the shacker cuz i found one, but right now i got other priorities for my car :) but will they fit? even the GT?

It's just an upgraded appearance. They would fit though. And yes a shaker would be nice and look cool, but I personally don't see it as cost worthy. I could get gears for the price and feel more. I would much rather get a GT hood. You could also buy a GT scoop to go over the V6 scoop, unless it's the reverse.

i kno the shacker looks tight, but i know it's pricey, it's not one of the first thing i'm doing, i can tell you that, i think i'm just gonna get a gt hood, and then possible some GT scoops, to replace my stock V6 scoops, cuz the GT's look a lot more aggressive, do you have them on yours? if so pleace put a pick up or send it to me on my email or PM...

The shaker kit is going to cost you alittle more than $800 and it does the samething as a $50 CAI. I've also heard that they cause problems. The hood is going to cost $450-$500(I'm not sure, but I think you could get away by cutting a hole in your hood unless it's the reverse. I think they started the reverse in '03 and '04 though). I wanted to add the shaker kit for mine, but there's no way in hell that I'm ever going to pay for a $800 CAI. Spend your money elsewhere.

CAI = Cold Air Intake? FTW? what's that... i doubt i'm getting a shacker, i think just a GT hood and then spend the other like 300-400$ else where like smoked headlights w/ clearcorners, and sequential taillights or something else... but what is that FTW?