• go for it! good idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • whats a shaker scoop?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mustangGT03281

May 3, 2004
PA
i just bought a great 04 cobra. problem is i love some of the styling cues on the mach 1. im gonna get mach wheels for my cobra cause i love them. but i really want to get a shaker scoop for it. i know that there is a kit for GT's to install but i want it on my cobra. can this be done? who sells a kit for it? if anyone out there has done it already please post pics for me. it doesnt much matter to me wheither or not it fake or funtional, i just love it. thanks for any help! :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

It does look good, but i like that retro look on the mach1, the cobras power is reminisnet of the 69 and 70 boss's and mach1's, so i figure why not get some of those looks on a car like the new cobra?

The shaker scoop wouldn't look good on the Cobra because everyone would know it's fake. The Mach and the Cobra are two different cars built for two different purposes. The Mach is suppose to be awesome straight line speed. The Cobra can dominate the road courses. That is like trying to make a 69 Mach 1 look like a 65 Shelby 350.
I wouldn't touch the Cobra, everyone knows what the Cobra looks like.

You should have just went and bought the Mach to begin with... then looked for a wrecked 03/04 Cobra and then transplanted the motor out of it into your Mach. Without adding 4 inches to the height of the hood, I don't see how you could put a functional shaker on the new Cobras...

U.M.