Magnapacks should could with excedrin

Spitfire said:
Queerbait? How about reread the post where I am trying to save people from falling for a common mistake, reading is fundamental if you want to learn on forums. Name calling isn't.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, *****.

reread your original post..typing "LISTEN" isn't the best way to get your message across, and neither is saying something as stupid as "If magnapacks are too loud for you, take some aspirin in your purse"

those of us who don't know a lot about cars are trying to learn and are often a victim of the information we've been given, good or bad, and the people who are really wanting to help are the ones who patiently explain it, not the ones who try to act like they know everything and try to impress us with their knowledge.

and i do agree, reading is fundamental, and so is not being a jackass :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know what it is about my set up, but it is perfect for my taste.

It's quiet at idle, and when I don't want to attract attention, but when I want to get on it, it's VERY noticable that I don't have a stock exhaust.

Check sig-

Matt

JonJon said:
I put the Packs on a month before the catted x. I liked the H more because it was deeper, more rumbly/raw. But it was a lot quieter above idle. Once I put the X on, noticed power and the increase in sound. I think it's quieter at idle with the x than with the stock H. :scratch:

I enjoy it :)

Well after another day of driving around town.. It seems a little quieter to me for some reason. Maybe I'm getting used to it? Maybe they are breaking in and "curing"? Who knows.. Starting to grow on me. I raced some younger kid in a 350 Z today to about 90.. At the next light he was wide eyed and said the exhaust sounded awesome.

BTW, I walked the 350Z pretty easily with the Mach.. :banana:

Beautiful car though..

blkgt714 said:
Well after another day of driving around town.. It seems a little quieter to me for some reason. Maybe I'm getting used to it? Maybe they are breaking in and "curing"? Who knows.. Starting to grow on me. I raced some younger kid in a 350 Z today to about 90.. At the next light he was wide eyed and said the exhaust sounded awesome.

BTW, I walked the 350Z pretty easily with the Mach.. :banana:

Beautiful car though..
Mach > G35 coupe > Z. :D
I wonder how different a Mach with Packs sounds vs GT with Packs (4v vs 2v)... Anyone know?

JonJon said:
Mach > G35 coupe > Z. :D
I wonder how different a Mach with Packs sounds vs GT with Packs (4v vs 2v)... Anyone know?

I do, I had the maggy exhaust on my 02 GT before I traded it in for my Mach, it's a different sound but only around idle and all together it's a tad louder I think. It's difficult to tell though other then around idle because my GT was loud as hell too.

The 4v has more of a gurgle/burble (whatever you call it) but it sounds awesome, kinda burbly chugging sound off idle and low speed but then when you hit mid range or wot it sounds pretty much the same as the 2v with the exception of being able to rev the 4v a bit more. Damn the Mach sounds pissed at 6,000 RPMS :flag:

:flag:

Wow....some misconceptions going on in here-

First of all, the Magnapacks do drone more then the Magnaflows....

The Magnaflows have less drone then the Borlas do...

Saleen changed from Borla to Magnaflow, not only because we made more power, but because there was less drone as well, which was very important to them...

The Packs are very very very aggressive......
We made them that way.

By following the standard federal testing procedure, a stock GT with the Magnapacks was making 100dbs at only 3000RPM

We designed them to make some noise.

Our catbacks are constantly evolving as we discover new technology and new ways to reduce drone.....

A common misconception is that factory exhaust systems do not drone because they use two different size mufflers....actually that reality is false.

It may work if no cross over pipe was used, but the minute you equalize the different sides of the exhaust system this theory no longer works....

The only real way to get rid of drone is restriction or tuning.

Borla and Bassani choose to restrict to make things quieter....

as you can see, inside the Silent Thunder Bassani catback, they split the exhaust up into two seperate pipes, then bring it back together again, causing the sound waves to cancel each other out like an X pipe might...

Borla resticts by reducing the size of the pipe inside the muffler, so in many cases, one of their 2.5" mufflers in only 2.25" in reality....

We do it through tuning the muffler. This occurs by basically using computers to figure out how the exhaust is traveling through the muffler, then figuring out how to efficiently capture the unwanted sounds......

I have heard the XR1s, and as the RPM climbs, it is pretty much physically impossible to make them "blow away" volume wise.....

The SLP, Packs, and XR1 all have pretty much the same volume at higher RPMs.....

Just the Borlas are higher pitched so it may seem louder.....

CatmanJJ said:
I do, I had the maggy exhaust on my 02 GT before I traded it in for my Mach, it's a different sound but only around idle and all together it's a tad louder I think. It's difficult to tell though other then around idle because my GT was loud as hell too.

The 4v has more of a gurgle/burble (whatever you call it) but it sounds awesome, kinda burbly chugging sound off idle and low speed but then when you hit mid range or wot it sounds pretty much the same as the 2v with the exception of being able to rev the 4v a bit more. Damn the Mach sounds pissed at 6,000 RPMS :flag:

:flag:
:worship: burbly gurgles

GNN60GT500 said:
Just the Borlas are higher pitched so it may seem louder.....
:rlaugh: :nice: