Fox Matt Farrah's '88 Coupe For sale

• Sponsors (?)

I wonder what he has into that car. On his IG page he claimed the wheels were $12K alone.

I'm amazed it's at $65K so far for basically an unknown mileage SSP car with a decent drivetrain and suspension. I would think if the car wasn't so famous, it would be a $25K car tops. The engine combo isn't even anything that crazy.

Reactions: 1 user
Matt drove my friend Todd's NSA Foxbody road race car in the hills of CT 2 years ago. The car broke the City sound ordinance. Todd had his own GoPro in the car so I watched the unedited version of him driving it. He had a blast and was super nice.

I wonder what he has into that car. On his IG page he claimed the wheels were $12K alone.

I'm amazed it's at $65K so far for basically an unknown mileage SSP car with a decent drivetrain and suspension. I would think if the car wasn't so famous, it would be a $25K car tops. The engine combo isn't even anything that crazy.

Here's his build sheet on wheelwell.com
https://wheelwell.com/matt-farah/mnu/1988-ford-mustang

Here's his suspension setup on MM
https://www.maximummotorsports.com/Matt-Farahs-Mustang-C717.aspx

It's a well thought out car, but not worth $65K IMO. My build is basically be an "extreme" version of what he built, and I'm budgeting around 35-40K (though I am doing all the work myself which obviously saves quit a bit). He's making money off that car at $65K.

Here's his build sheet on wheelwell.com
https://wheelwell.com/matt-farah/mnu/1988-ford-mustang

Here's his suspension setup on MM
https://www.maximummotorsports.com/Matt-Farahs-Mustang-C717.aspx

It's a well thought out car, but not worth $65K IMO. My build is basically be an "extreme" version of what he built, and I'm budgeting around 35-40K (though I am doing all the work myself which obviously saves quit a bit). He's making money off that car at $65K.
Half of it is going to charity though.

And from what I know about it, a lot of shops have put a LOT of time in it. Id bet he has more labor $$$ in it that we can even guess about.

Half of it is going to charity though.

And from what I know about it, a lot of shops have put a LOT of time in it. Id bet he has more labor $$$ in it that we can even guess about.

Write off.

That's assuming he paid all those shops also. I can almost guarantee some of those shops donated time/parts if he mentioned their name (which he did quite a bit). I'm sure there is plenty of money in labor, but his build really wasn't anything out of the ordinary to require tons of development/research.

Oh the benefits of being famous.

• Agree
Write off.

That's assuming he paid all those shops also. I can almost guarantee some of those shops donated time/parts if he mentioned their name (which he did quite a bit). I'm sure there is plenty of money in labor, but his build really wasn't anything out of the ordinary to require tons of development/research.

True.

Seriously though, what does he do? I know he has a blog or something, but I think I'm missing the bigger picture.

True.

Seriously though, what does he do? I know he has a blog or something, but I think I'm missing the bigger picture.

Pretty much an auto journalist, so he has hands in quite a few things. His "Garage 419" and "Smoking Tire" blog is what rose him to fame as far as I know.

Write off.

Max motorsports got plenty of screen time in one of his videos when the suspension was being set up. They got tons of free advertising even after the fact

That’s a cool notch, 65k worth nope, I’d buy me a newer gt350. Is it the “charity” thing getting it so high. I don’t like the flares, I’d would’ve had those smoothed in and painted so it looked like the car was made that way

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
I have seen a few write ups on this car. Fairly cool, but honestly the build fit and quality didn't impress me at all. It struck me as almost rat roddish, just kinda roughed together with some good parts. Good for him if he can get that price but I wasn't overly impressed.

Joe

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users