May be going turbo soon....

Thinking about getting a NEON SRT-4! I just rode in my buddys pushing 21lbs of boost! Thing sounds sick too! We are going to track fri to run mine and to see what he runs! I will be keeping the stang tho! Hearing that thing spool and BOV was nice!

extremely mod friendly and at 350-400whp (if you go a stage 3, 4 or similar build up) all you really need is a clutch upgrade, assuming that intercooler and exhaust have been replaced already. 400-450whp needs a fuel return line for sure. anything above 450 should at least consider doing internal engine upgrades. as for reliability, still haven't needed to spend a penny on repairs yet - warranty has been void for some time now, but still no breakdowns of any sort.

• Sponsors (?)

21 psi is askin for trouble on a stock srt4... I've seen atleast a dozen of these things get toasted from kids trying to "up the boost".

Granted, it may be fun while it lasts but c'mon... it's still FRONT WHEEL DRIVE!

maybe trying to push 21 psi through a stock turbo with no fuel upgrades or computer upgrades, it runs lean and things break. same rule that applies to a turbo 4 also goes for a sc'ed v8 - all depends on the tune. i've seen many s3 and 50-trim stock engine srt's (pos neon) running 21-25 boost making 375-450whp and are doing fine on stock internals.

The fact that and modded srt4 will smoke more than half the mustangs people own in this thread speaks for itself. 3 years ago everyone on this site was circle jerking them. Now the new crop tards signed up and start hating on them. Jason weve seen them run at the track if you want one id say go for it.

I agree. I would never buy one but I don't see why all the fuss. The guy said he was keeping the Mustang so you guys need to pull your panties out of your collective crotches. For it's class the SRT-4 is a pretty cool car and yes, a modded SRT-4 will fuggin' move. I like that Dodge and GM (Cobalt SS) have "Pocket Rockets" out there that have Civic SI owners looking over their shoulder.

edit: Yes, the thread title is a bit misleading. lol

the 5" tail pipe option is good along with the annoyance package. You now are required to race only from a roll now.
I raced one, wasnt impressed. I thought itd be alot faster by the way he was talkin smack.

might be a neon but can made fast as ****... i have been walked by a couple... but they were both 11's neons.. Its just a cool car... i mean my mustang isnt anything special... soon will be tho...

plan on getting a truck now. and project mustang begins!