Mazdaspeed6 or Cobra

LOL this is one of those threads that I had to read every post to make sure it's clean..

I think you should get the cobra. as others have said even with AWD if you mod the mazda 6 to be as fast as even a stock 03+ cobra then it's going to suck in the winter.. plus it will be unreliable then. you are way better off getting the cobra and a cheap winter car. or even if you build this mazda 6 project plan on a winter car.

• Sponsors (?)

Well after reading all these posts and then going out lastnight with some friends (another 96GT, a 2004 Cobra, LS1 Camaro, some other chevy I don't know, believe it was a 30* camaro or something) I'm going to have to say that my mind is made I believe. I'm getting a cobra, and i'll probably get an audi or something along those lines for a winter vehicle. Right now 99-00's are going around the 9K area, so by the time i'm looking at a cobra i'll be able to afford the audi as well. Alls I can say is that......in person.....a cobra kicks the @*(!$ out of any other car I could probably look at under $100,000...now i'm wondering why I started this thread.

Wanna see my old mazda 6? I call that the toyota 4 runner mod.
img0229mz4.jpg

Oh and by the way, the aftermarket for this car sucks hard.

Attachments

• img0229mz4.jpg
    img0229mz4.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 61
Stangsgrl said:
or an EVO...they look a lot better IMO. esp compared to the '06 STI. that new subaru front end is just :puke: Both are equally fun to drive. The EVO VIII are even more agressive looking (silver = EVO IX, blue = STI)
evo.sti.comparo.340.jpg

I almost picked the Subaru but since I do all my own work, I've found that even N/A Subaru's can be a pain to work on. Went out looking at a few of the local EVO's but I saw a brand new '05 SRT-4 at $2,500.00 under sticker and couldn't pass it up. I'll be Stage 2 w/full exhaust, intake (etc...) upgrades within a couple months and I'll still be below sticker price. Will probably go Stage 3R after the car is paid for. And since the factory "230 HP" rating is measured at the wheels instead of the crank, it's a pretty quick car even with no mods. Raced my brother's '05 (LS2) GTO from a 60mph roll and I got a full car length jump on him in 3rd gear, but when we shifted to 4th he passed me and pulled a couple of cars on me. That's with a CB and CAI for him, and my SRT being bone stock.

And to answer the original question, I'd take the Cobra over the Mazdaspeed 6

Triisomy21 said:
Wanna see my old mazda 6? I call that the toyota 4 runner mod.
img0229mz4.jpg

Oh and by the way, the aftermarket for this car sucks hard.

At least your door "ding" guard didn't get damaged... :D

(I lubs my door "ding" guard as I park in those ****ed up outside parking lots in downtown Denver. Each space is like 5 feet wide...)

Attachments

• img0229mz4.jpg
    img0229mz4.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 65
bakos24 said:
In two more years there probally going to have a Mazdaspeed 7. :shrug:

First they have to re-release the Rx-7 to have a mazdaspeed version of it LOL.

And guess what as much as i'd like Mazda to bring a real car back like the 7 it won't happen. I guess you don't know how bad Mazda messed up the FD (last rx7) because of cost issues or over complexity when it didn't need to be there. There won't be another Rx-7 so that won't happen.

The Mazdaspeed 3 i think would be more fun than the 6 even though it is fwd its got a ton of power for such a lil car. Mazda engines w/ turbos have been damn good its just those damn trannys!!!!!!!

I've drove the mp6 it was great but no Rx-7,Rx-8. They could've done better with the styling and kept it looking more like the reg. 6 which i think looks nice for the type of car it is.

Get a Rx-7 (if you like to work on cars)LOL, a Rx-8, or the MazdaSpeed3 if you go Mazda.

The Rx-8 might not be as fast in a straight as the cobra but it would destroy one in the corners and you all know it LOL. Which can be just as fun!!!!!!!

Don't know if you love the Rotary like i do though so that might not work out LOL!!!