me oil man

smoky

Oct 17, 2009
4.6 20.000 miles on it i put a new balancer damper on to tight dose or can this kill oil pump back off it oil psi 20 when it was to tight it was about 10 psi did diver it help me and yes im am slow or stupid yes slow

• Sponsors (?)

yes i am thanks for all help so nice to see that u can help the mentally hadicapted i say that did i so go f no just look at u pick on the mentally good job

If I understand what you're trying to say, you put a new damper on the crank and think you overtightened the crank bolt. With it like this you see 10psi and when you back off the bolt you see 20psi. Correct?

I don't think you can damage the oil pump by over-tightening the damper (you are more likely to strip the threads out of the crank snout or break the bolt...) You may damage it if you under-tighten it though... In either case, the oil pressure sounds too low.

Is the engine knocking at all? Why did you replace the damper? What sort of damper is it?

yes i am thanks for all help so nice to see that u can help the mentally hadicapted i say that did i so go f no just look at u pick on the mentally good job

Sorry, that was an insensitive remark. Regardless, I still have no idea what you are asking for. Do you have any mechanic friends that perhaps can give you a hand or find someone who can help you ask your question on this forum?

Sound's like he installed maybe some underdrive pullies? And they usually supply you a longer "Bolt" that's used to start pressing the crank pully back on. But its only to start the crank pully back on the snout? They say reuse the factory bolt? Which is shorter? So maybe was over tightened? Is there a spec. for the crank pully bolt torque?
:shrug:hopefully help's?

I really think he just a bad speller, gramatically thinking, installing underdrive pullies takes some pretty good enginuity that some "mentally capable" people won't tackle.
Low oil pressure could be caused by the obvious, low oil; but your oil would have to be extremely thin or extremely low.
Is this at idle or when reving the engine. How do you know that the oil pressure is low? The cluster gauge is useful if there is absolutely no oil in the car, its more of a switch if anything. Trinity or Burns has a procedure to reapply the damper/pulley. You might want to use some RTV sealant when putting back the bolt on the pulley. How is the car sounding. Kinda need more info before deciding if your problem is larger then what you expect it to be.
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/pull1.htm

jeeze trombone, thats not stereo typing i dont know what is. buddie of mine runs a machine shop here in town and 1 of his employees is mentally handicap, and is a freakin geniuos when it come to engine work, though his speech and lack of ability to type on the computer. as well this guy, so dont under estimate someone you "think" is not as inteligent as you, you as well as i was will be extremely surprised

jeeze trombone, thats not stereo typing i dont know what is. buddie of mine runs a machine shop here in town and 1 of his employees is mentally handicap, and is a freakin geniuos when it come to engine work, though his speech and lack of ability to type on the computer. as well this guy, so dont under estimate someone you "think" is not as inteligent as you, you as well as i was will be extremely surprised

Well I hope your right, that would be cool.... unless its somebnody just fn
with us.........

What ever, read my post again, I said he wasn't stupid just a bad speller, gramatically thinking; quit tryin' to start a war, FYI I used to work w/the physically and mentally challenged people and loved every minute of the job, sounds like you should have been one my clients. Watch what you say, and we will be fine as I am always strapped for war.:mad::nice::D

What ever, read my post again, I said he wasn't stupid just a bad speller, gramatically thinking; quit tryin' to start a war, FYI I used to work w/the physically and mentally challenged people and loved every minute of the job, sounds like you should have been one my clients. Watch what you say, and we will be fine as I am always strapped for war.:mad::nice::D

yea well i still do work with the mentally challenged, besides its wrong to even think of them as a "client" come on man, watch what you say before because you definitly choose the wrong words to make a statement. clients are you kidding.