MGW Shifter, why the new design, is it better, or worse?

George, does your shifter's thread match stock?

Your web site probably states one way or the other. But you have so much helpful info on this thread already, it would be nice to hear the answer here.

• Sponsors (?)

GRGT1994 said:
George, does your shifter's thread match stock?

Your web site probably states one way or the other. But you have so much helpful info on this thread already, it would be nice to hear the answer here.

the stock knob fits just fine if that's what you're asking.

MGWLTD said:
PATENT PENDING center shaft assembly design that absorbs most if not all tranny vibration and buzzing, noise etc. the only shifter on the market that utilizes this technology and the only one that ever ( LEGALLY) will. this shifter in most cases is as quiet or QUIETER than stock!!!!!

PATENT PENDING shifter handle design that allows full rotational adjustments
and does NOT tilt the knob at all. it stays straight up for the best feel.
MGW
Shhhhhh! UPR may be listening.. :rlaugh: :lol: :rlaugh:

i see that you offer a shifter for the 3650 tremec. I plan on getting a TKO600 this summer will the 3650 shifter work or can you guys make one that will fit ?
thanks, Chad

I have a custom bezel and a custom leather "short" boot so that my handle is exposed.
Any chance you will make one with a polished, brushed, or just natural aluminum handle?
I would like to install one but the anodized colors are kind of "ricey" for me to be exposed.
Thanks, and nice job :nice:

L8 MUSL said:
I have a custom bezel and a custom leather "short" boot so that my handle is exposed.
Any chance you will make one with a polished, brushed, or just natural aluminum handle?
I would like to install one but the anodized colors are kind of "ricey" for me to be exposed.
Thanks, and nice job :nice:

YOU CAN CALL AND ORDER ONE WITH A PLAIN HANDLE AND THEN JUST POLISH IT UP YOURSELF IF YOU LIKE.

REGARDS
GEORGE

GRGT1994 said:

Have you bothered to look on MGW's site? Here i'll cut and paste for you

RED HANDLE - THIS IS OUR "CRUISER" HANDLE. IT IS DESIGNED
TO GIVE THE MOST COMFORTABLE POSITION AND BEST
LEVERAGE WHEN SHIFTING. ALTHOUGH MUCH SHORTER
THROW THAN STOCK, THIS HANDLE ALLOWS THE DRIVER
TO MAKE LITTLE SACRIFICES IN ERGONIMICS AND
COMFORT. ALSO THE BEST CHOICE FOR THOSE WITH
REACH ISSUES WITH THE STOCK OR AFTERMARKET
SHIFTERS.

BLUE HANDLE- THIS IS OUR "SPORT" HANDLE. IT IS DESIGNED FOR
THE DRIVER THAT WANTS A SHORT THROW AND SUPER
QUICK SHIFTS. SITTING LOW IN THE COSOLE, THIS
HANDLE DOES REQUIRE A BIT MORE EFFORT TO SHIFT BUT
REWARDS THE DRIVER WITH SUPER SHORT THROWS
AND PRECISE GEAR SELECTION. OUR BEST HANDLE
FOR THOSE THAT WANT STREET AND STRIP PERFORMANCE
FROM ONE HANDLE.

GRGT1994 said:

sorry was offline most of the day,

like 83GT289 postede , the red handle is really for those that do not care for the shortest throw but want the easiest reach and most leverage they can get.

it should be noted though that the red handle still offers a nice short throw cpmpared to stock and other shifters

regards
george

For those of you wondering....

We did an install here on our "Sub Zero" project car.....

All I have to say is................(I was speechless)

This has to be the best looking, functioning, and easiest to install shifter I have ever seen.

This is a $300.00 shifter easy....

George... I helped with the install and I have to say..... You hit the "nail" on the head with this one.

It is perfect... no other words will work.... just PERFECT.

(Just my opinion.)

David