Milky Substance in oil pan

ozzy14159

Aug 17, 2006
anybody know what that milky crap is in the pan????? simple as that i need to know what it is thanks

DSC00737.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00737.jpg
    DSC00737.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,009
  • Sponsors (?)

ouch +1 for the coolant leak. probably cracked head gasket. Yank the heads and check it out. Have you done anything else to the motor lately? If something with the intake it could possibly be that you didn't set the gaskets right and it leaked through there. good luck

It's possible this guy took apart his motor and spilled some coolant in the motor during disassembly but it usually isn't milky white because it can't mix real well when it is standing. Looks like a headgasket leak to me or lower intake.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but i am getting coolant in my oil, but the engine runs ok. I am about to rebuild the engine, any suggestions? I hope the head isn't cracked...TFS T/W 185 CNC $$$$$:bang:

I really hope so... but we'll find out probably thursday for sure =\ i'm sure its just the head gasket.

The only thing that makes me wonder is because i don't see the white smoke out the tail pipes...

Looks like coolant in your oil as others have stated. Probably blew the HG between a water jacket and an oil passage.

For others that have coolant in their oil get it fixed asap before driving the car. Straight water is bad enough since it reduces the oils ability to provide lubrication, coolant however is worse cause it can start to eat away at your bearings. So if its leaking get it fixed asap.