Misaligned Dash/Console

DroptopSVT

Apr 16, 2004
Michigan
Does anyone else have a misaligned console where the two separate pieces (below the radio) come together? This would be on the sides of the console, near the driver's right leg and passenger's left leg. Apparently 9/10 Mustangs (not just Cobras) have this problem. Just wanted to see if there was some truth in that.
:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Mine is slightly off, not much tho. I didn't notice it was like this until I took the console out and reinstalled it. Is your ebrake handle misaligned too? Mine comes about 1/16 of an inch away from scraping the center console and the little rubber inlay piece gets ruined b/c of it...

Mine was slightly off from the factory. When the dealer put in a new clutch, I mentioned it and while they were at it, the realigned the console piece. However, afterwards it developed a slight rattle over rough pavement. I think Ford must've have some problems with dash alignment for the past few years because when I was shopping for a truck, two 03 F-150s had rather noticeable misaligned dashes. Because of this and a few other problems, I passed on the Ford.