More classics should have more power

C.Harris

Da Boss
Founding Member
Dec 20, 1998
Nothing wrong with the resto route, but it seems whenever we have a classic show up at the shop they are stock or very close to it. Would be nice to see more people persuing muscle as well as restoration. Rare cars I can certainly understand a concourse restoration. But for the more common cars....

Used to be not so long ago when a classic pulled up people tremored, nowadays it seems rare to find one even hittin' a lope:(

....wishful thinking;)

• Sponsors (?)

Heck yeah we have stuff! Here are a few: Holley & Demon carbs, Weiand & Professional Products intake manifolds, Mallory ignition, MAC Exhaust Headers and H-pipes, Perf. Distributors, Ford Racing valve covers, Flowmaster mufflers, Nitrous Oxide Systems for carbs, Autometer/Stewart Warner gauges, shift lights, performance air filters,etc......

Even if you don't see what you're after, chances are we can get our hands on it! www.partshopper.com

CHarris said:
Used to be not so long ago when a classic pulled up people tremored, nowadays it seems rare to find one even hittin' a lope.
I get the impresion you have not spent too much time in this forum. There are some real firebreathers here. Very few fully caged drag cars but some way overpowered street machines. Here's my project:
eng2.jpg

Should see low 12s with DOT legal DRs, and that is on a covertible with full interior:D

Attachments

• eng2.jpg
    eng2.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 54
Edbert said:
I get the impresion you have not spent too much time in this forum. There are some real firebreathers here. Very few fully caged drag cars but some way overpowered street machines. Here's my project:
eng2.jpg

Should see low 12s with DOT legal DRs, and that is on a covertible with full interior:D

Is your hood level ??????
:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Attachments

• eng2.jpg
    eng2.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 45
First lemme say very cool car Edbert! I was actually referring towards classics I've been seeing lately on the street, especially in our area, not here in the forums.

Edbert said:
I get the impresion you have not spent too much time in this forum......
Actually I'm here everyday, as I am co-owner of the company that operates this website. :nice:

Again, nice car, I love seeing them out there on the streets!

Nice car, Edbert, even with the blingie. But wouldn't you rather have a nice plain jane coupe.....

I have plans for my 67, some of which involve "more power."

heh heheh heheheheh. power.