MOTOR BUILD WHAT U THINK

GTNMS89

Dec 15, 2007
Ok to start this off this will be a pretty much street car. And second will this even work without swappin to mass air. Going to be a .30 over 12/95 explorer motor with a typhoon intake gasket matched. b-303 cam, 3.73 gear tork master 2400 converter, speed pro fordged flat topps with 4 valve releifs,double roller timing set and high volume melling oil pump. i am going to use the heads off the explorer motor if they will work. so chime in and tell me what yall think and even give suggestions,:hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

Can you give me a round about area what the "the massage" mite cost. And what d0 you think about the rest of the combo and how will it work being a speed dens. car?

You may have some idle issues with that cam and sd, on a mass air car you could get a tune or do it yourself and get the car to idle well again. Think of it like this, the cars ecu is set to accept a certain range of air and fuel based on the equipment the car came with. If you go outside those parameters, it does not know how to deal with it unless you tell it. I could not get my car to idle well with HCI on sd, changing to mass air and tweeking the ecu fixed it.

Matt

We have been talking the last few days about the S/D and M/A. Take a look in this thread to see. Some people have had cars with cams that run fine and some didn't.
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=733626

Whick heads are on the motor? GT40's or GT40p's
Either set i would have milled. Can remeber what the size is on the 40's but the p's are 65 cc heads. And I wouldn't go with a b cam. I would got with a TFS1 cam. And I would also stick with the stock explorer intake. (they come with gt40 intake from the factory.)

gooo with mass airflow. speed density doesnt have the ability to compensate for things like cams and bigger injectors etc. mass air flow is much more adaptive that the reason ford switched to it on california and ssp vehicles in 88. and havnt really changed since.