Motor Mount issue in a 2.3 to 302 swap

I tried to search previous threads for this answer...but didn't turn up anything.

I'm about to drop the 302 engine in to my 2.3
I'm using a 2.3 k-member (I read it will work)
and after market replacement motor mounts (my mounts from the donor 5.0 were saturated in oil and the rubber was decayed and therefore junk)

The passenger side mount doesn't seem to rest correctly, that it tens to turn/slide/tilt sideways towards the back of the car (no nut on the bolt..but it still should sit on there without sliding sideways!!? right?

The driver's side mount appears to sit on there perfectly. Although, these mounts only have one stud/bolt and a second small nub that fits into the k-member. so; only the stud/bolt is the only way this thing bolts down? one nut? is this right?!! even the 2.3 mounts had this bolt and a second bolt that tighted down. how can it be that there's only one? I checked the 5.0 mounts they only have one stud/bolt...and nothing else..but I'm not sure if there was a second piece that is missing from this since I didn't remove that engine from teh donor car.

...ok so two issues:
1.) is it really only one bolt and a nut goes on the other side to hold it down?
2.) Does the passenger side of the kmember need to be modified somehow to make the 302 mount more stable? Has anyone experienced this? and how did you solve it.

using the 2.3 kmember and aftermarked mounts...I have too many variables to feel warm and fuzzy about this...

HELP! I need to install this engine early next week!

View attachment 470264

4-18-06-012.jpg

Attachments

• 4-18-06-012.jpg
    4-18-06-012.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 117
  • Sponsors (?)

the k-members are the same from 2.3 and 5.0. As long as you removed all the pieces from 2.3 k-member and were left with and oblonged hole for your 5.0 mounts then you are just fine. Just drop that baby in and bolt her down.

As for the mounting being one bolt, Thats all there is. only thing that holds it in is those 2 bolts and the tranny crossmember ( once the tranny is mounted on)

Yes, I did remove the 2.3 mounts, and yes I have the hole where the bolt goes in for each mount, but the passenger side doesn't rest on there well...

If I put the mounts on the motor, and then dropped the motor down, these mounts just slide the bolts into the hole/slots in the kmember? ...um, so what hold it stable without a tranny in there? does a nut go on the these bolts? I didn't get any other hardware with these mounts.

let me know, I have zero experience with mounts other than what I seen when I took of the 2.3 mounts (which had one stud, and then another bolt which held them in.)

Nicoleb3x3 said:
..um, so what hold it stable without a tranny in there? does a nut go on the these bolts? I didn't get any other hardware with these mounts.

Yes a nut should go on the end of the bolt AKA the motor mount stud. That is it, there really is no support for the motor tilting except the tranny and tranny mount. my motor ( before my solid mounts) would touch the fire wall when removing my tranny.