MSD 6AL and BTM

89stangalang

Dec 23, 2003
Can I use both of them at once or can i only use one of them. I currently have the 6AL installed in my car. I need the BTM for my new supercharged setup. What should i do?

• Sponsors (?)

89stangalang said:
Can I use both of them at once or can i only use one of them. I currently have the 6AL installed in my car. I need the BTM for my new supercharged setup. What should i do?
I just ordered a BTM from Summit last night. They Make an add on that will work w/ your 6al. I have the same set up. Here is the link for it. Part # MSD-8762. $182.88
Summit Racing

I got the BTM with the Supercharger so its the Ignition/BTM from MSD. I have the Ignition 6AL unit in my car. Can i run both or do I just run the new Ignition/BTM that I got. Will the Ignition/BTM control my rev-limiter like the 6AL.

noslow5_0 said:
umm i thought that the btm was the 6al but with the boost retard function??? correct me if im wrong....
Sorry to have to do correct you but the 6al is just the ignition box w/ the rev limiter feature. You can buy a set up that has everything for $300+. The one I'm reffering to is an add on piece to work w/ the existing 6al. Makes is so you can upgrade w/o having to buy it all over again.:nice:

89stangalang said:
I got the BTM with the Supercharger so its the Ignition/BTM from MSD. I have the Ignition 6AL unit in my car. Can i run both or do I just run the new Ignition/BTM that I got. Will the Ignition/BTM control my rev-limiter like the 6AL.
Are you talking about the 6al/btm kit. If so you wouldn't need the other 6al. Please be a little more clear about what unit/s you have.