MSD 6AL worth it?

garrett66

Jul 2, 2009
SE, Colorado
Hey everybody I am wanting to get a nice new MSD ignition system and was wondering if a MSD 6AL or 6Al-2 was worth the extra money. Without the ignition box I was going to get the 8352 Ready-To-Run Distributor, with the ignition box I would get an 8479 Pro-Billet Distributor. I was going to get the Blaster 2 coil. I like the idea of a top end rev limiter but I will be running naturally aspirated and no power adder so I'm not sure what the bonus would be?

• Sponsors (?)

I just had my stang on the dyno saturday and found out I need a msd box...my tuner who I trust said don't waste your money on the -2 version.

I have afr 165 heads and putting on a Kb next year....so if I don't need the -2 and it's a waste of money for me...then perhaps you're wasting your time also.

what HP are you running or planning to run?

Im getting AFR 185's on my 347. When all is said and done it should run around 430 hp. It's carbureted by the way. I dont need the two step rev limiter so I can mark out the 6AL-2. The ignition with the box is only 100 dollars more than without because the distributor is cheaper.