Mustang Running like Crap!!!

91StangGod

Dec 10, 2009
Hello all i need some help figuring out what is wrong with my mustang..

i have a 88 mustang gt convertable with 5.0 speed density..

here is my problem.. when im driving everything is ok but when i go to mash the gas it jerks and hesitates like it is missing or something.. and i have had it gone through with a fine tooth comb and nobody can figure out what it is.. here is a list of what people suggested and what i have replaces..

new distributor, fuel tank & pump, and sending unit, new fuel injectors, new ecu.. plugs wires, an auto shop had it for about two weeks and couldn't really find what is wrong with it.. all parts said are new not used.. and i have just about had it up to here.. as i just got the new fuel tank in and it doesn't do it as bad.. but still doing it.. now me and my cousin pretty know all you can know about mustangs and we can't figure it out.. as im getting codes with a scanner we bought from autozone which said the pick up coil in the distributor was bad so we replace the whole distributor and well i get the code again.. could there be a short somewhere.. which i was told that all the electrical was good as that was one of the first things gone through all electrical wiring tested for shorts or breaks all sensors are reading within range.. im out of idea's and i need the help of the mustang community to help figure this out before i decide to sell it..

• Sponsors (?)

Did you clear the codes after you swapped dizzies?

To confirm, you have checked the TPS and BAP for opens in their operating range?

Are the 10 pins in good shape (not being stressed from motor rocking)?

Are the plug wires in good shape?

got the moroso 9mm wires and the E3 plugs which all of this didn't start happening until i put my 411 gears in.. as for the tps sensor i thought about that yesterday and going to get a ohm meter this weekend and check it out.. what is the BAP.. and i will check that as well.. Thanks guys all the help the better.. as i have put so much into this car and would hate to get rid of it.. and the location of the 10 pins.. also how do you guys put a picture of your cars so it can show up under you member name.. thanks again

How would i clear the codes.. as from everything i have seen about this matter is to just disconnect the battery for like 5 minutes.. and the battery was disconnected the whole time i was replacing the fuel tank.. (last weekend)

got the moroso 9mm wires and the E3 plugs which all of this didn't start happening until i put my 411 gears in.. as for the tps sensor i thought about that yesterday and going to get a ohm meter this weekend and check it out.. what is the BAP.. and i will check that as well.. Thanks guys all the help the better.. as i have put so much into this car and would hate to get rid of it.. and the location of the 10 pins.. also how do you guys put a picture of your cars so it can show up under you member name.. thanks again

BAP: Barometric Air Pressure. It's one of the most important sensors your SD cars uses to determine stoichiometry.

Ten Pin connectors

Dead center of firewall. Looks like a little black box with 1 harness plugged in and 1 vac line running to manifold.

I'd def check the 10-pin connectors. Would be my #1 suggestion

Always have a spare good ECU.I like having good spares as I find it faster to swap simple items out rather than diagnose them.I would check the TPS first,02 sensors second,and check for fuel pressure and plugged lines.Usually obvious overlooked simple things i have found.