Mustangs: an unofficial brotherhood?

I always make it a point to park next to another stang if I can. At work there are about 6 people who have stangs. I don't even know who owns them. One day I went out to go get lunch and what do I see, three 99+ stangs that are the same color as mine one grabber orange one and one gold 98 all GTs parked right next to me. It was awesome.

• Sponsors (?)

There was the exact duplicate of my old car in my town. I would ALWAYS park next to it whenever I could. One day, I was coming out of a store and they parked next to me. I thought that was cool, until I noticed that our license plates were 1 digit different from eachother! It blew my mind.

The parking next to another stang is just trust of each other. If I park my car way out in the lot and another stang comes in and parks next to me I can pretty much be assured that I don't have a door ding. Its a lot better then that over-sized mini-van or SUV with kids jumping out the back door slamming into the side of your car! At least thats my theory and I am sticking to it!

On road here I either get a wave or a quick rev when passing other stangs, there are 2 I pass every morning on the way to work going the other way and everyday we wave or something. Most people are here are nice and show the "Brotherhood" aspect...MOST....

However on the road here its getting worse. Ricers are buying up old V6's putting dual exhaust, wings, neons, fake everything. I have even seen a 5.0 and cobra badges on a 96 V6 with a huge (WRX size) wing with bubbled purple window tint..BLAH!

I have even tried to talk one these guys at a light and he did not even speak English, so I told him in Spanish what I thought of his fake a$$ car, then blew his doors off and never looked back.

On top of that these Ricers / fakers are going out and messing around racing each other, running from DUI check points, just causing havoc around town. So now cops are all over the place watching all the mustangs because of these fools! Really pissing me off lately.

~K

I usually try and park near other Mustangs as well. And I will always wave at other drivers going down the road, but Most of the time nobody ever waves back. I mean most of the people around my area Think driving a Mustang is just like driving any old other car in the world. :bang: It's sad really.:( :(

Brotherhood :nice: :flag:

I have seen this myself. I think it also depends on how much the other drivers are into mustangs. Obvious enthusiasts always give me a wave or what not while those who just "drive" a mustang dont really pay much attention. Personally whenever i see another mustang i immediately check it out to see what style it is and whether its a gt or not and others like me who do the same always seem pretty friendly.

V'6s are excluded from the brotherhood. V6's are the equivalent your little cousin tugging on your pants wanting to get in the adult 2-hand touch football game and you reply "go away".

lol^^

The parking next to another stang is just trust of each other. If I park my car way out in the lot and another stang comes in and parks next to me I can pretty much be assured that I don't have a door ding. Its a lot better then that over-sized mini-van or SUV with kids jumping out the back door slamming into the side of your car! At least thats my theory and I am sticking to it!

i agree with that. its almost a compliment coming out to the stang and seeing another stang next to her, especially since i tend to park alot further away than the herd. if i see another really nice stang and i see its sitting way off where i would normally park, and i might park near it, next spot over with generous door room.

Haha, funny this is brought up....

Awhile back I was driving my brother in laws 03 vette, and everyime another vette passed me, new or old, POS, or badass, they waved. Well, i'm not a corvette owner, so I had no idea, I figured it was a vette thing, turned out it was.

ON THE OTHER HAND, since I bought my 04 GT, I never get a wave, I either get a rev, or a fly by, or a downshift. The most recent event inspired me to upgrade to a catless x pipe when a mach 1 in opposing traffic downshifted and took off like a bat outta hell. I would seriously like to find this guy becuase I gotta say, he had one of the most badass sounding stangs I think i've ever heard. A couple days later there had to have been a stang meet in my area because just on the golden mile, I passed and was passed by a countless number of stangs and cobras, all badass sounding, so I decided that I was tired of my "quiet" bassani catback. Either way, if your in delaware county, pennsylvania and you see me cruising around in my sonic blue GT, gimme a rev or a tappa tap on the gas (not a holla) and I'll know where your from.

Maybe this is because you live in Modesto? Lol...no, seriously. Nothing but ricers and american-muscle haters in Fresno/central area.

yeah but i wouldnt expect anything else from other cars, however its usually the other cars that give respect, not fellow stangs.

case in point, saturday night i stopped by the store to pick up some soda for the night (monster+jager ftw). upon pulling out i got behind a white 05+ Saleen, so naturally i pulled next to him and gave a little rumble from the exhaust and he looked over, so i gave him the "whats up" head nod. he shook his head as to say "yet another kid" (this was a older guy). to try to recoup this shame, i yelled "nice car dude!" and he rolled up his window and floored it. i wasnt going to race so i was just like "what the **** ever *******"

i get my cobra back this weekend. next time a douche**** does that, itll be them seeing the tails after they thought theyre hot ****.

When i see another V8 Mustang i instinctily yank the e-brake and do a batman in the middle of the road while waving out the window to the other guy.

Hmm...sounds cool, one question though, will your back tires lock up with the e-brake? Because mine dont :shrug:

Usually when I see another GT owner aroud here all they want to do is race as they rev their engine or just fly by me...hmm

I usually try and park near other Mustangs as well. And I will always wave at other drivers going down the road, but Most of the time nobody ever waves back. I mean most of the people around my area Think driving a Mustang is just like driving any old other car in the world. :bang: It's sad really.:( :(

Brotherhood :nice: :flag:

Same here man. I usually give a wave to fellow mustangs especially GT owners. I don't usually get one back though. About one in 10 does. I'm not downing sixers, it's just that it seems most of them aren't as into their rides as the GT owners.
When I had my Jeep Wrangler Sport EVERY other Wrangler owner would wave to me! It didn't matter! hehe... That was pretty strange to me when I first got it. I think Wrangler owners have the biggest comradery. I wish all mustang owners did.