My 1st Stang!

jbruner

Mar 18, 2006
Oregon
Hello all! Well I bought my first stang, March 6th; 2006 Mustang GT Premium. Just can't believe how awesome it is. I never really thought the changes one goes through when they are behind the wheel of a sports car!

I have put together a list so far of some upgrades I would like to make and hoped to get some thoughts from all of you, hopefully get some reality checks in as this is all new to me! :D

1. JLT 2 INTAKE W/ XCAL2 05-07 GT
  2. Steeda 05/06 Mustang GT Pulleys
  3. 4.10 Performance Gears 8.8"
  4. PYPES OFF ROAD X-PIPE MUSTANG GT
  5. 05 Mustang Stainless Axleback System
  6. STEEDA G-TRAC BRACE 05/06 MUSTANG
  7. 2005 STEEDA LOWERING SPRINGS
  8. Mac 1 3/4" Ceramic Long Tube Headers
  9. Hurst Shifter Competition/Plus Billet or Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter

At this point I have 1500.00 or so to spend and I know this list is more than that. I am thinking of JLT, Gears, shifter and Springs first and maybe the Brace. Does that make any sense? Maybe I am going too far?

Anyone out in the Portland, OR area?

• Sponsors (?)

Your not going to far. Looks like you've done a bit of research and I think those are great additions. I just bought my 05 GT a little over a month ago and have Ebiach springs, Tunable Induction CAI and I was thinking gears or exhaust next. Headers, x-pipe and a new tune will run you about $2k installed, so I'd add those last if your on a budget like me. Instead of to far, I'll bet after a few mods, you'll be thinking, "what next? Supercharger, turbo, NOS..."

I agree

seattlegt said:
Your not going to far. Looks like you've done a bit of research and I think those are great additions. I just bought my 05 GT a little over a month ago and have Ebiach springs, Tunable Induction CAI and I was thinking gears or exhaust next. Headers, x-pipe and a new tune will run you about $2k installed, so I'd add those last if your on a budget like me. Instead of to far, I'll bet after a few mods, you'll be thinking, "what next? Supercharger, turbo, NOS..."

I also have the Tunable Induction you should check it out it's sold through stangnet at partshopper. The list looks good, might want to think about adding window tint and some kind of striping to help your pony stand out from the crowd, because after those mods it won't want to stay behind anything on the road! Enjoy your ride, I know I still love driving mine a year later! :Track:

mhanksii said:
I also have the Tunable Induction you should check it out it's sold through stangnet at partshopper. The list looks good, might want to think about adding window tint and some kind of striping to help your pony stand out from the crowd, because after those mods it won't want to stay behind anything on the road! Enjoy your ride, I know I still love driving mine a year later! :Track:

Yea I do want to tint my windows. Need to find a good place around here. Not quite sure on the striping, although I have thought about doing some side graphic stuff. We shall see.

I think I have narrowed it down to do the shifter and CAI first then hit the suspension and other exhaust stuff (like deletes and tubes).

Thanks all for the kind welcome! Should be fun! :D

congrats on the new car. This what I would do.

JLT 2 INTAKE W/ XCAL2 05-07 GT
Steeda 05/06 Mustang GT Pulleys.............MotoBlue underdrive pulleys
4.10 Performance Gears 8.8"....................4.10 are great for racing but if you plan on doing anything over 90mph 3.73 are the way to go.

PYPES OFF ROAD X-PIPE MUSTANG GT
05 Mustang Stainless Axleback System
STEEDA G-TRAC BRACE 05/06 MUSTANG
2005 STEEDA LOWERING SPRINGS
Mac 1 3/4" Ceramic Long Tube Headers
Hurst Shifter Competition/Plus Billet or Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter.....Steeda