My Diy Fi Intake Takes Shape.

• Sponsors(?)

rdharper02

10 Year Member
May 8, 2006
So, how's she looking? Please don't tell me that paying the bills and working is getting in the way of the build.

jrichker

StangNet's favorite TOOL
SN Certified Technician
Mar 10, 2000
Dublin GA
Hey, I'll have you know that I'm a live and let live kind a guy. If Noobz wants to share his boy toy pics w/ the rest of us, more power to him. Now while not for me personally, what he and his man does w/ that horn is his business.

As far as that intake inflating at 18 psi, It'd be some weak ass steel if it did. Now,..if I was forcing double that into it,...then I might be worried.

As for the buzzing,..i could totally see how that could happen. There would be enough flexibility in the sheetmetal to move in/out enough have some harmonic effect at idle.

Well,...there was enough flexibility.
fe5s.jpg

but then I welded these tubes between the top and bottom.

I call this pic "Bender's Colonoscopy"
It will be interesting to see how the internal aerodynamics of this work out. Swirls and eddies you don't need, but a smooth even flow to each runner is what you are looking for.

RangerJoe

I leave the horn on while driving
5 Year Member
Apr 26, 2010
Georgia
Mike, your project, your money. But it would be cool if you could have it flowed before installing it.

Joe

84Ttop

They make new pistons every day, so why worry?
Mod Dude
Jul 2, 2009
South Jersey
Plenum design is far less critical with a boosted application. So long as the runners have equal port dimensions and lengths I would expect it to work well.

CarMichael Angelo

Nobody appreciates me..I'm gonna cut my ear off
SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
It will be interesting to see how the internal aerodynamics of this work out. Swirls and eddies you don't need, but a smooth even flow to each runner is what you are looking for.
I never like Eddies anyway.
Eddie Haskel, Eddie Munster, Fast Eddie.
All a buncha losers.

CarMichael Angelo

SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
Mike, your project, your money. But it would be cool if you could have it flowed before installing it.

Joe
It's a flow or no go from this point Joe,...If the motor is way down on power, and takes a buttload of boost to make any power, I'd consider it. But for now that bitch is going on there.

Completion pics when I get Nicks fuel rail by Friday,..( Now sporting RD's fins)

CarMichael Angelo

SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
One of the first things I did to the car after I got it in the garage. That manifold (Medusa) has been complete for months now. Matter of fact, the entire hot/cold side has been complete for months now.:confused: