My Mustang in the shop at 1,800 miles

Wondering if anyone here has had troubles with the battery or any electrical troubles.

My stang is an '08 with 1,800 miles but it would not start today. Hence, I had it towed to the dealership for analysis.

It sounds like a battery or electrical issue. Just clicks when you turn the key.

However, the last few times I started it, I've noticed something a little odd with the electrical system. The dome light would flicker for a brief second, or the door chime would sound at an odd time... unusual small things that didn't quite seem right. Then... the no-start today.

Has anyone experienced any trouble with this or something similar before... especially at such low mileage?

• Sponsors (?)

This is my daily driver. Driven most every day, 5 or 6 days a week.

I noticed the last few starts that something seemed strange, electrically. But it didn't make me really think until today when it didnt start.

I'm curious of the "water in the smart junction box" remark. How does that happen and effectively, why does it cause trouble?

There was a post where the cabin air filter plug that drains water becomes clogged with dirt and debris. This causes the water to back up and enter the cabin of vehicle on the passenger side. If your smart junction box has water in it, electricity and water dont play well together.

Do you have the active anti-theft from the factory?

Not that it applies to you but my dealership said that it can cause battery issues if the car sits for a while.

Are any of your electronics not wired correctly? I have a DVD player in the F350 that drains the battery after 2 weeks- had to install a switch.

Sucks man. Good thing for warranties. :nice:

Do you have the active anti-theft from the factory?

Not that it applies to you but my dealership said that it can cause battery issues if the car sits for a while.

Are any of your electronics not wired correctly? I have a DVD player in the F350 that drains the battery after 2 weeks- had to install a switch.

Sucks man. Good thing for warranties. :nice:

Yes... I have an XM unit installed which was done by Best Buy.

If the battery goes south again, I'm gonna give 'em a call. Could be that they didn't wire it correctly.

Fortunately, warranty covered it... as it should at 1,700 miles.