My official project car thread.

Alright, well i figured ill start a thread that ill update as i go along with my project with pics and info. There will be a wealth of info in this thread as time goes by. Alot of the newer members, and maybe some of the older ones will find some of the things i do helpful when they plan to do something similar themselves.

Im sure most of you saw my previous thread with the pics and info on what my project car is, and will be, heres the link if you missed it - http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=630597

Well today i mocked some of the things i have, mainly the typhoon intake, accufab throttle body, and VC's. I wanted to have everything loosely bolted up so i could start the cold side to my turbo kit.

I then went ahead and mounted the intercooler i got off ebay. Very nice unit i may add. Supposed to handle up to 650 HP, and more PSI then id ever run. THe inlet and outlets are 2.5 inch BTW. I have it centered, and level. I made 4 mounting brackets for it. Two for the top, and two for the bottom which are not pictured.

After the intercooler was where i wanted it. I started on the cold side to the TB. You may have noticed that im going with a flipped intake. Mainly to be a little different, and it alot easier to run the piping. Also, the in/out on opposite side intercoolers are alot more efficient from what ive read, compared to the intercoolers that have the in/out's on both sides. The cold side was pretty straight forward. I made the cuts where they needed to be, and everything went together very nicely. I dont have the right size silicon reducer right now for the TB, so thats why there is some duct tape and the stick holding a portion of the pipe up.

In the pics below, where you see that one 45 degree pipe coming from the engine bay - This is where i think ill be cuting my blow through MAF in. I dont have the MAF yet though. After the intercooler where the pipe is nice and straight is where ill be putting the blow off valve. I need to order this sometime soon. Also, where the pipe from the intercooler meets with the chopped down 45, ill be haveing those tig welded together, then ill go ahead and cut the maf in. That way there wont be a 100 silicon sleeves.

This whole project has me very excited. And im having alot of fun so far. I cant wait to get the hot side to the kit, so i can finish up the cold side. Then get it all powder coated.

My project for next weekend will be getting the inner fenders taken care of with onebad95, and maybe ill put in the manual steering rack as well if i recieve it by then..

Pics -

46832.jpg

46837.jpg

46833.jpg

46834.jpg

46835.jpg

46836.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

damn you!!!! you beat me to it. i was going to flip my typhoon intake. LOL

interested to see how you route the throttle cable up side down and to see the final results with the vacuum lines coming out of the front.

keep us updated

Dan95-5.0 said:
damn you!!!! you beat me to it. i was going to flip my typhoon intake. LOL

interested to see how you route the throttle cable up side down and to see the final results with the vacuum lines coming out of the front.

keep us updated

Throttle cable will be easy, for now atleast. Ill probably just need to loop it around.

I dont believe ill need the vac ports off the front. Ill put plugs in those. The main one underneath ill still use, and the one on the neck ill use as well. If i must ill tap the back of the intake for one port..

Blackvert - they are the granatelli drag coil overs.

Gm - ported tw heads, undecided cam - maybe stock, steeda #19 or an f cam, stock shortblock, t-70 mp turbo, and all the little crap to go along with it.

mootang - i wanted to keep it simple, so i had the hotside made by B+G. Im still waiting on it, could be another month before i see it. This cold side is easier to do then i ever thought.

Paul - thanks , and you all will be updated next week with some progress hopefully :)

With all the rain/flooding and cold weather we have had here i havent had much motivation to work on the car.. I did get some work done though.

Onebad95 came down for a few hours last weekend to put sheetmetal in all the big holes in the inner fenders. I went ahead and started the bondo work. I have one fender pretty close.. Some small pits and a couple places here and there that need to be smoothed/filled.

57565.jpg

I also recieved a master power t-70, polished with a .81 a/r. I got this used in the classifieds on tm.com. Its used, but never actually "used". I got a great deal on this unit, and its polished to perfection. I also recieved a tial blow off valve and turbo blanket.

57564.jpg

57563.jpg

I picked up a motor as well, out of a 95 ford pick up. I was under the impression it was a stock motor.. But the pistons have a part numbers on them making me think they are aftermarket. They also say ".030". I poped the heads off to find this rust on the cyl wall though.. I sprayed it down with WD40 and rubbed some of the rust off but it seems pretty heavy. Im starting to wonder if the piston ring is ruined in that cyl.. What do you guys think looking at this pic?

57566.jpg

This is all i have for now..My plan is to have the engine bay ready for paint by the end of next weekend..