My ride until I aquire a Stang (pics)

Mr. B

Jul 12, 2007
Still waiting to aquire my first stang. Almost a done deal for a 94 GT. Until then I've been driving this. I sold my work car so for now it's all I got. It's taken it's share of V8's back in the day. It's about a second faster than a stock 5.0 and fun as all get out.

IMG_0005.jpg

View attachment 375465
IMG_0007.jpg

View attachment 375469

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the site. Nice air cooled. I used to be a vw head (We've had a vw parts/repair business for 46 years) but then I got out of dubs for my personal cars and into the more "muscular" side of things and haven't looked back. Our rabbit ran 11.02 back in 98'. Dubs are great, but as you know apples and oranges as far as character. You'll like it here. This is by far one of the best groups of people on any car forum here in the 94/95 talk section. Way better than over there on the vortex.

I like it... super clean looking... not a fan of the muffler, i prefer more of a dune buggy look on the bug... But that is a good looking car... wanna trade? My car looks like absolute butt campared to that... (BTW the trade was not seriouse since I NEED my vert... it is cheaper than therapy...)...

Nice carseat in the front... how old is he(she) and do they like the car???

Thanks everyone!

The exhaust is obviously a custom job. The merge tube header comes off the heads and ends right there under the rear apron. I used to run a hideaway muffler that tucks back up under the car. I had to mount a traction bar under the engine to stop wheel hop though, so the muffler was in the way. We came up with what you see in the pic. The stainless cylinder slides off and inside you can wrap the cage with fiberglass. It's a lot quiter than the stinger I run at the track. It's pretty low, so nobody really bumps it.

The engine is a stroked 2010cc VW. It's got massive headwork, a cam, and 40mm Webers. We clearanced a brand new VW case, and used all new everything. I never put it on a dyno, but I think it's probably got close to 175 HP at the wheels.

Ha-ha, yeah the carseat is for my three year old daughter and she thinks she is way cool when we ride in "Daddy's red car".

I like it :nice:

Would you believe :eek:

Wifee had a 1959 Slug Bug when we got married :D

Blinkers extended out from the side center posts :eek:

IIRC ... it had like 35 horse power :rlaugh:

Grady

Yeah and that thing would be worth some bucks today. The blinkers are called Semaphores, and they are worth a lot of cash too!

Best 1/4 mile time was 14.55, and best 1/8th was 8.97 I think.

Ran down a stock 98 SS Camaro one time when I cut a bad light and surprised the hell out of him!

Damn thats a fast bug. I would have beat it by .05 seconds on my best run. :eek:

Man I would go home and cry if I got beat by a bug. lol

But that is a sweet car. My grandfather had one a long time ago and he put a Minibus rear end on it and jacked up the front, then cut some rims in half and welded them together to make them wider and put some swampers on it. He did some head work and stuff. He said you could bury that thing in mud and it would get out. lol

thats a clean and great looking car. ive always liked those little cars. its amazing how small they are but how roomy they are. ive seen some really fast ones too. theres a guy i know from work that has a bug that he drag races. it runs 5.80s in the eighth. that car is nasty.