my SC mustang shakes when getting boost??

mustangmat99

Jan 30, 2004
i have a boost gauge on my 00 v6 procharged mustang, well like when im driving its all good but once i start getting boost the car starts to studder and shake and i slow down and it stops, it runs decent its kinda eh but then when i get to the boost it starts shaking whats up? the other night it just died on me for no reason going down the highway, turns out one of my o2 sensors was going wacky, i might have sucked up some water, i donno, either way, i changed out the front left o2 sensor as well as the one in the drivers side cat, as well as the pcv valve, and that got me to where im at now, it got me starting again and it being drivable, but now once i try to boost it shakes..any guesses?

• Sponsors (?)

1. Procharger P1SC Intercooled Supercharger w/ 11psi boost.
2. MAC cat-back exhaust system
3. '99 Lightning 80mm Mass Air Meter
4. 38# fuel injectors (stock are 19#)
5. 255 lph fuel pump
6. SPEC stage 1 heavy duty clutch
8. Autologic Chip custom tuned by Panhandle Performance
10. Fresh tuneup with Bosch Plug wires and NGK iridium spark plugs.

thats all thats in it..performance wise..i figure its somethign to do with the SC see as though it rides fine until i wanna punch it and get boost, if i just normal drive its cool, but when i punch it, it shakes pretty hard

Mustangmat99:

I hope you find out what your problem is, but how can you afford to "punch it" nowadays with gas prices the way they are. $2.25 over here.

Doc

Well um i'm stummped lol I thaught by t he way you made it sound that it would be a fuel issue. But anyways um it could be the maf maybe something's not allowing it to meter the air correctly? Maybe the tune is wrong? Or it could possiby be a faulty fuel injector maybe? Is there a loss in power when the car starts to shake? But honestly I have no good clues on what this is sorry. I wish I could be more help i'm sorry.

Edit: have you ever had your A/F ratio's hecked out? Is the chip a dyno-tune or just a custom tuned mail order chip?

Oh and don't complain about gas prices unless you live in Cali like me $2.50 a gallon for regular baby...(tear)

you may be having a pinging problem. don't get into boost until you figure out the problem. did you put bad gas in? if an injector was bad, it most likely would mis during idle. was the air temp really hot? too much timing? or maybe it's a bad motor mount.

i hope this gives you some ideas of where to look.

How long have you had that fuel pump in there? The 255s tend to burn up after so long in the returnless system. Need to look into getting a 300 put in anyways.

Take a look at your IAT sensor and make sure its situated correctly. By that, I mean where the plastic that surrounds the element is above and below it, not on the sides where it would be blocking it from a clear path of the incoming air. This may be more of a long shot, but it happened to me in my CAI kit once before.

i donno how long the fuel pumps been on, iv only had the car about 3 weeks, everything was fine, i just needed a new throwout bearing cuase it was going out and a supercharger bearing, then im driving down the street in 3rd it starsts shaking and yes losing power, then i shift down to 2, it shakes again and just dies and i coast onto the shoulder, they hoooked a puter up to it and it said my left o2 sensor was bad, and my pcv valve, i changed up and its works alright now accept when i get up to wanna boost it starts shaking and loses power, when i start it and it idols, it does tend to wanna dip a lil on the tach, to like maybe 6oo-7oo its usually around 1,000 or 900, i donno?? im having it brought to a shop tomorrow, hopefully they can figure it out and it not be anything huge