N/A for now...

Okay...I'm going to keep my car N/A, it's decided. The first thing I want to do is beef up the exhaust since airflow is key. I've read the tech articles (most of them) and I know that the Ranger header is going to be my header of choice. I've read 140cilx' article on how to remove the EGR. So now, I'm on the question of the exhaust section itself. When it comes to the question of back pressure, should I go with just a single exhaust line, or should (could?) I go with a y-pipe and duals. And what is the recommended muffler(s) of choice. As well as catalytic converter(s?). Also, with the "cat" would I just need one the I could put on before the y-pipe when running duals? I've located an exhaust shop right up the road that will do everything for my if I supply the muffler(s) and cat(s) and header so the work won't be on my end and they'll do it for relatively cheap. Also, what kinda gains should I expect in HP from this. I know it won't be much, and that the real way to gain HP in an N/A is all about the head, but I'm to squeemish to try that yet since this car is my daily driver as well and I can't risk screwing it up. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

The big backpressure dilemma. I had (when n/a) a longtube header, 2.5" tubing to Y to 2.5" out of both sides. I'd say I had as close to no backpressure as possible and still running an exhaust. Car loved it. It would really rev after that all the way to the top. I have no idea how much more power it actually gave it. When you start w/ 88 hp, you can feel 5 hp improvement I swear. Just run what you want, the car will thank you for it.

I have done the y pipe and the 2.5 out to the rear with Flows, stock cat and collector. the y is after the cat and collector so it can be done that way. No clue on the back pressure. If a different cat would help me out then i will do it. Mine is N/A for now also.